Deux

The hotel room is now a hundred times darker than it was only a few hours ago. There was so much promise between the four of them, all with their own goals to achieve. Now they have to somehow rebound from being told that it won't work out for them without outside help.

They were having the best moments of their lives and it felt like the world was at their disposable. How can they go from feeling like they have everything to having nothing going for them...? Without anything being taken from them.

But maybe they did lose something.

Someone who they enjoyed sharing and experiencing the journey with, decides that it just isn't good enough...

The whole situation is repetitive no matter what way you decide to look at it. But I guess that's what a betrayal like this is; the constant cycle of trying to move up in the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a long period of silence between the three, the youngest decides to speak up. Bonnie lifts her head for the first time since laying across her bed, "I don't know what to do," She sighs.

"I don't think any of us do," Clemont responds from the other bed in the room.

Ash, who's been staring endlessly out the window, turns around with his hat covering his eyes. "We did go out of our way to come here," Ash says, almost mumbling his words. "But for the first time ever, I don't know if there's anything we can get out of the situation."

"I've never been in a situation like this," Clemont sighs.

"That's because you've never made friends," Bonnie mutters, quiet enough that the two boys don't hear her. "I remember reading something in a magazine about the current Kalos Queen, my favourite quote was, 'Sometimes the only way to push away the darkness is to find a light'."

"You read stuff that deep?" Clemont asks, earning a glare from the lemon blonde.

"I've noticed that Bonnie is more mature than the average nine year old," Ash starts to lighten up. "And maybe Aria is right, I'm going to go find our light."

Ash, who has somehow already regained his usual levels of energy, runs out of the hotel room. Where is he going? Maybe Arceus knows... Or maybe a Luvdisc.

"Clemont I need to tell you about a more important problem," Bonnie states and Clemont nods. "How are Serena and Ash going to get together if they aren't with each other anymore?"

"I think it's safe to say that ship has sunk," Clemont answers without looking up from his invention backpack.

Bonnie's jaw drops to the floor and she points a finger at her brother, "YOU USED 'SHIP'!"

"U-hh," Clemont realizes.

"You're as big of a shipper as dad and me!" Bonnie realizes and starts giggling madly. "And I thought you knew nothing about the shipping universe."

"Bonnie this isn't important," Clemont sighs heavily.

"Yes it is," Bonnie declares. "You shipped them too right?"

"Like everybody else, yes," Clemont sighs. "But maybe Serena isn't the best girl for Ash."

"I hate when OTPs are destroyed," Bonnie sighs and collapses on her bed dramatically. "I need at least five months to recover."

"Or we could find a new pairing for Ash," Clemont smirks at his younger sister who jumps out of bed excitedly.

"I knew there was a reason for letting you keep the title of being my brother," The girl says to Clemont who simply sighs and lets it go. "But I've kind of ignored any interaction Ash has had so far with other girls."