Having a Ball at the Dance

Sorry for the delay, I thought I would be able to write after drivers ed. (I was wrong)

The day that's been long awaited by many, is finally here. At dusk, the Laverre City gym will shine brightly in the scarcely lighted town. How about we get to it?

Aria waits patiently in the lobby of the gym for Valerie. She smooths the ruffles on her dress over and over again until the gym leader walks in. "Is the Kalos Queen nervous about something?" Valerie giggles and Aria stands up to join her.

They start walking to the gym and Aria responds, "No."

"If you're gonna lie, at least come up with something better," Valerie teases. "I bet it's this mysterious boy."

"Uhh... no," Aria blushes.

"Seriously girl," Valerie rolls her eyes. "We only get to see each other like once a year, I have to get all of our girl talk in for the next twelve months."

"Fine but don't push your luck," Aria sighs.

"Yes," Valerie cheers.

"I strongly dislike you," Aria jokes but then looks up and enters some sort of trance. "I saw 'the' guy yesterday at the fashion show."

"What?!" Valerie exclaims. "You mean I've seen the guy too!"

You have no idea Valerie...

"Yes but that's not all," The pink haired girl continues. "I saw him go up to someone who I know is performing, and I'm pretty sure they're pretty good friends."

"Hopefully not too good of friends," Valerie teases.

Aria glares but it's actually the first time that has come to mind. What if she is too late?

"Aria?" Valerie asks before her eyes widen. "You didn't even count that as a possibility?"

Aria nods sadly before entering the change room.

"Rookie," Valerie shakes her head. "But are you going somewhere with this? You've hopefully seen him before so this isn't the first time."

"My mind is racing right now," Aria states. "It took me milliseconds to start worrying if he'll be at the dance tonight."

"Masks remember," Valerie picks a black one from the pile. "We should start spreading these out to the separate change rooms by the way."

"Alright," Aria sighs and picks a pile of them up. "We also have to put out the dresses and suits."

"Yea and remember that the world works in mysterious ways," Valerie winks before disappearing in one of the rooms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ash, Miette, Clemont, and Serena approach the gym. Bonnie, who got permission to attend, and Shauna, who's dragging Trevor along, wanted to come later for some reason. Anyways, the foursome are asking a lot of questions about this secretive ball.

They will all be answered as soon as they step into the lobby ahead of them. Serena enthusiastically leads the way and one of Valerie's models explains how it will work. "You guys will head over there one by one to get into a change room with your clothing for the evening," She says. "Ladies's rooms have a dress laid out for you while gentlemen's rooms have suits to wear."

"Did Valerie design the dresses?" Serena asks while clasping her hands together.

"You bet she did," The purple haired lady smiles. The two performers fangirl and rush towards the change rooms. "One at a time remember!"

Ash and Clemont follow at a much slower pace before getting their outfits as well. The raven haired trainer changes into a navy blue suit while being forced to take off his hat.