Let's Go

After the snowy events of yesterday, the group isn't wasting any time to recover. Clemont and Bonnie were pretty surprised to see the two show up at the Pokémon Center's doors last night. They're also having a tough time believing Ash and Aria's story, part of them hoping it was true since it seemed like a pretty cool experience.

The other part of them is hoping it's false and they got separated on purpose so they could have some alone time. Their lack of showing signs of a relationship isn't helping this part of them.

They stayed up pretty late before sleeping long into the next day. The four of them were lucky enough to skip the few hours it took the Snowbelle City snow removal service to clear up the city streets.

So Ash could rush the group to the ice themed gym...

Wulfric, the Snowbelle City gym leader, overpowered Ash at the start of the battle with his ice types. The flawless counter attacks the huge bearded man commanded were just as flawlessly executed.

It wasn't looking good but no one can beat the Ketchum strategy when it's at its best.

And it definitely reached a new level during the second half of the battle...

Ash's first two Pokémon, Noivern and Hawlucha were able to limit the damage at first by at least defeating one Pokémon between the two of them. That was enough to take an extra few attacks off of Greninja.

The bipedal frog Pokémon didn't ease by the remaining two Pokémon by any means. But it was impressive.

Greninja and Ash were in NEAR PERFECT sync. I say near because there's no ceiling on what "Ash-Greninja" can do. The bond phenomenon proved that it's ready for the biggest challenge yet.

The Kalos League.

The Lumiose Conference...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I guess this is one of those unexpected surprises you get on a journey," Aria observes the Mamoswine stables in front of them.

The most direct route back to Lumiose City was also hammered by the snowstorm. Now the group has to travel by Mamoswine for awhile before finding dry ground again.

Mamoswine is a mammoth of a Pokémon. It's brown furred body can go through or well all it needs to get by is to go through everything in sight. The Pokémon is completely unfazed by the snow and therefore the prime transportation to get through the few feet of snow.

They admire the beautiful log establishment that is definitely meant to be covered in snow. Icicles hang off the roof in perfect imperfect shapes while the sun shines through them. The cold breeze shaking them ever so slightly.

The four of them walk through the open gateway to the stables and a wave of heat and a familiar barn smell invites them in. A worker approaches them and kindly guides them towards two Mamoswines ready to go.

"Two person per Pokémon," The man informs them. "Mamoswine know the path so you don't have to worry about directions. It is important for you guys to guide them around obstacles and any surprises along the way. They are pretty smart but they like to depend on their riders a little bit."

"This is going to be so much fun!" Bonnie squeals in excitement. "Mamoswine is so cute too."

"Yea..." Clemont sweat drops and approaches one of them. "Bonnie and I can ride this one together."

"Ash you can take the reins on ours," Aria looks at the ice type nervously. "I interacted with more Pokémon yesterday than I have on the last few years. So you're probably more suited for this."