23: Irresistible

A/N: Guys, I'm freaking out. I've been nominated for something with this story, please go vote for Darcy here and I will love you forever:

  http://www.wattpad.com/forums/discussion/comment/7063920/#Comment_7063920

  The next morning, I awoke to the sound of coffee brewing in the kitchen nearby. It took me a second to remember where I was, but when my vision cleared everything came back in one quick instant. The comfort of Harry's covers gave me a dreamless sleep, despite last nights occurrences and my presentiment that I was going to be killed very soon. I was always an early riser, and so it didn't surprise me that all the boys were in bed and snoring soundly.

  I crept out of bed slowly and as quietly as I could, grateful that the floorboards didn't creak and none of the boys were awaken. Wondering if teenage boys even drank coffee, I fished a cup out of a cabinet and poured me some. Ninety percent of the coffee was Cinnamon Spice creamer, but I still called it coffee nonetheless.

  With a cup of coffee and Harry's blanket in the other hand, I tiptoed over to the living room and turned on the television. An old rerun of Full House was playing, and Michelle was standing in front of Uncle Jesse while saying her famous 'You got it dude' line.

  "Paul, can you watch Lux while- oh. Sorry, I thought you were someone else." A middle aged woman said, blushing before me with a blond baby on her hip. I shook my head in protest.

  "It's fine. I'm Darcy, by the way." I introduced myself, sticking out a hand. She shook it gently, as if she was afraid that I was going to shatter into a thousand tiny pieces at her touch. This was something that I knew I was going to have to grow accustom to, everyone thinks since I was kidnapped I'm this fragile, helpless little girl. I couldn't blame them, though, and for this past month I've made myself stop thinking about it.

  "Lou Teasdale. This is my daughter, Lux." She said, bouncing the small child up higher on her hip. The baby whined a bit and Lou shushed her before setting her on the carpet to run around. "Do you mind watching her? I've got to get the boys up and get them ready." I chuckled.

  "Sure. But they need help getting ready for the day?" I laughed. She smiled at me and sighed, shaking her head slowly. Lux hobbled up to me and patted my knee before getting bored and running up in front of the television and smacking it with a bowl of Cheerios in her hand. The screen wasn't cracked, but Lou shot a glare her way.

  "Sorry. It's just this whole quiff faze with the boys. Harry and Liam can get ready on their own, but the other three need help 'getting their hair up'. It's like getting a first grader ready for school in the morning." Lou compared, laughing. I had set down my coffee on a small rectangular table before she bid me goodbye to wake the boys up.

  Lux tried to run after her mother, but I scooped her up in my arms and sat back down on the leather couch with her. She squirmed on my lap, but after a few minutes she settled down and rested her small head on my shoulder. I had never actually held a baby before; when I was little my parents and I went to someone's house for a decked out dinner, I wasn't allowed to hold their baby if they had one because I was 'reckless and unpredictable', which I'll admit I was.

  I cradled the small girl in my arms, trying to hear Harry's voice amongst the boys that were getting up and talking amongst themselves.

  Lux took my pinkie and put it in my mouth, and I just let her. It wasn't like I wasn't clean or anything, and she was just a baby. I felt like I was holding a tiny adult, who would one day blossom to be something amazing. My inexperience with babies made this one seem weird, but it would be if you'd never actually held a baby before.