11: Saying Goodbye

The worst thing about almost everything is that everything comes to an end. Life doesn't come with a rewind button, and you can't have any do-overs. You have to suck it up and move on, or else life will simply move on without you.

  We all had gone over to Niall and Harry's hotel room to help them pack their things. There was a sort of sadness that filled the air, and nobody was really speaking. We were all letting their leave sink in in our minds, and it finally dawned on me that I might've had a chance with Harry if I made a move. It might have been better than this, his sudden leaving without knowing if he'd see me ever again like he promised. I'd learned in the past two years that I couldn't trust anyone, after my own father didn't pay my captors the ransom money everybody knew he had.

  I sat in a cozy leather chair in the main hotel room with Tiff. She didn't seem as sad as me, probably knowing that he'd return and be there to kiss her and take her on dates. Whatever doubt she had about her and Niall's relationship was mainly gone, but I could tell in her face that she was sad. We all were. But to say I was sad was an understatement. I almost felt drained.

  "Eleanor says she's excited to meet you." Tiff said, smiling at me. I knew she was trying her best to comfort me, but I didn't want to talk to anyone. I just felt like going to my flat, laying in my squeaky cheap bed, curling up in a ball, and staying there for a couple of days.

  "She seems sweet." I commented, but I could even here the distance in my own voice. She grabbed my hand and looked me right in the eye.

  "I know you like him." She said rather bluntly. It took me aback, because I didn't think Tiff would say something like this. But over the past week we had gotten close, and it didn't bother me. In fact, it felt nice having it said out loud. I glanced over to the closed bedroom door, where Niall and Harry were packing. My chin trembled uncontrollably, and in the next moment me and Tiff were both crying.

  "If the boys come out of there... that'd be embarrassing." Tiff laughed. I couldn't help but giggle as I quickly wiped my eyes. I could hear someone in the bedroom getting something and we shared a moment of trying to wipe our eyes fast enough as Niall came out of the bedroom.

  "Hey ladies! We've got everything." Niall announced. He was trying to set the mood, and he was oblivious to the tear filled conversation me and Tiff shared only moments ago. She squeezed my hand before getting up and helping Niall carry his bags out to the limo that was waiting in front of the tall building. I was about to join them when Harry emerged from the bedroom carrying his luggage, smiling sadly at me. Before I could say anything, he wrapped his arms around me in one of his bone crushing hugs.

  "I'm going to miss you so much, Darc'." He said. I took in his scent one last time, wishing that it would stay with me forever. None of us was in any rush to let go, and we stood there embracing each other for a good five minutes. I didn't want this moment to end, ever, but I knew that life had to go on.

  When we finally let go, Harry held out a hat I've seen him wear before, with the face of a grey tiger on it with two flaps going down on the sides. I began to protest, but then I stopped myself.

  "Think of it as a little piece of me." Harry said, slipping the hat over my head and smiling. "It looks good on you." He promised me.

  "Thank you." I said.

  "I'll be thinking of you when you're at the trial, Darcy. You're going to do great, trust me. Nobody knows you better than I do."

  I grabbed one of Harry's bags and carried it out the door and down the hall, followed by Harry dragging another bag along. We rode the elevator down, but this time when I was with him it didn't worry me. We walked through the lobby in silence, catching up with Niall and Tiffany.

  Outside, the black limo was parked right out front. There were a few people who gasped and squealed when they saw the boys, but then they saw me and stayed where they were like I had some disease. Honestly, I could care less. Nothing would interrupt this moment that all of us were having, especially not other people.

  Niall turned towards Tiff and in an instant they were kissing. I looked away to let them have their moment, but I knew that everyone on the streets were watching. I could here someone hoot in the background and laughed as I gave the driver of the limo the bag from Harry's luggage.

  After a while, Tiff joined me as the boys loaded a bit more luggage, and we both knew that the final moment had come. Niall ran up to me and gave me a hug.

  "I'll miss you." he told me.

  "I'll miss you too, Leprechaun." I said. He smiled and went to Tiff, who had already started to cry. I told myself that I wouldn't: because that made it all so much harder. I repositioned Harry's hat on my head as he hugged me tightly, the wind whipping around us. I felt my throat getting dry and when I swallowed it hurt. I was going to cry, but not in front of Harry. I couldn't cry in front of Harry.

  "I'll think about you everyday." Harry promised me before getting into the limo with Niall.

  Before I knew it, they were driving away and out of sight.

  A/N: Aww, sad chapter :c And I'll always be dedicating the chapter to a commenter unless I dedicate it to a friend. What do you think will happen next? I doubt you could predict it c;

  ~Delilah