Darcy [Harry Styles]

• Dedicated to Harry Edward

 Hi everyone! Thanks for reading Darcy c: I hope you like it and don't think it's total crap because if you did that would make Delilah sad :c

Achievements:

  Fan Fiction #6

  Teen Fiction #5

  Nominated for an Award

  Won an Award

  One Million Views

  Two Million Views

  Three Million Views

  Four Million Views

  Five Million Views

  Six Million Views

  thank you, love you x

NEWS            

Tuesday, September 23rd, 2012           

  On Friday police officers arrested thirty nine year old William Silvering and his wife, Pamela for kidnapping a girl and holding her hostage for over two years. Sources say that the girl was taken while walking to an X Factor audition when the two snatched her up and demanded her father for ransom money. The girl, now eighteen year old Darcy Monroe's father was the owner of his company and was considered fairly wealthy, but did not give captors any random money. Instead, he just ignored their threats.

  Darcy Monroe was treated at a hospital in Cheshire for minor injuries including some cuts, and a broken toe.

  Police say that the young girl does not have any family claiming her, and since she is eighteen she will be forced to live on her own. A lot of people agreed to take her in, but the police force says that they cannot do that but they have raised money to donate things. If you would like to make a donation, contact Silvia Burkhart at silviab@yahoo.com

  I let out a sob, my body shaking so hard that it caused my teeth to chatter. I sat in an empty flat surrounded by boxes of things that were donated to me. I wasn't crying tears of joy, though, because in truth: I was scared. No, that'd be an understatement. I was terrified.

  My life hadn't been perfect before, and some times I felt so lonely. My father didn't acknowlege me most of the time, and in place of a mother I had a maid who stole from my Dad's wallet when he wasn't looking while my real mum was off on business trips. It wasn't that my parents didn't love me, but sometimes they would get so wrapped up in their businesses that I became a second priority. But now that I think back, I would trade that for a heartbeat from what I had to go through for the last two years.

  People often joke around about kidnapping and don't realize the seriousness of it. I did the same before, but after you go through it you realize how awful it really can be. Two years of my life were taken away, probably two of the most important years. My prom, my graduation, my senior project... gone.

  I sighed and looked over the one room flat once more. In the corner of the room there was a counter, a mini-fridge, and a stove that looked older than my grandfather. In the other corner was a small twin bed that someone had already made for me next to a door which lead to the smallest bathroom known to man.

  The police went back to my old house and got some of the things that was left in my room, which wasn't much. My father had thrown out most of what, assuming I was dead.

  I trudged over to the side of the room that had a single box of my belongings in it. I didn't dare look at the items inside before, but I knew that I was going to have to sometime. I ripped the duct tape off of the lid and slowly pushed it open, being careful of the brace on my arm. The doctors told me that the break had healed itself, and I'd only have to wear the stupid thing for a week.

  At the top, there were some of the books that I had read way back when. There was The Hunger Games series, and there was my X Factor number, the stickiness from the bag completely gone. Below that there were some bracelets that I had made from a kit that said 'Friendship Bracelets' that me and my friends would trade even though we were sixteen and not six.

  I shoveled through a pile of overly wrinkled clothing that was bound to be too small to reveal the next layer of things in the box. I saw my old stuffed animals that me and my friends would play with when we were little, an empty raisin box, a chain from a necklace I used to have. All the physical elements here of my past hardly meant anything.

  I dumped the box over and raked through the things for anything I might have skipped over. A little piece of paper from under one of my books caught my eye, and I quickly snatched it.

  It read:

     Harry

  593-2614

A/N: I hope you liked the Prologue, everyone! Make sure to vote, comment (especially), and fan! And also, please don't call the number, I can assure you that it's not Harry Styles x) I just made it up randomly.

© Copyright 2013. All rights reserved. This material may not be reproduced, displayed, modified or distributed without the express prior written permission of the copyright holder. For permission, contact _HakunaMatata_ on Wattpad.com