10: One Last Memory

Thank you all for the huge number of comments on the last chapter, keep it up! c: I was going to make it about roller skating, but since it's winter I thought ice skating would fit the story better! Randomly picking a commenter to dedicate this too, but if you're just commenting to get a dedication then don't.

  "And... open!" Niall said from the front of the car. I looked out the window to see an ice skating rink filled with about a dozen people behind the parking lot. Tiff laughed as Niall pecked her on the cheek, and I was left standing next to Harry. A part of me wanted to just ignore him, but the majority of me said why waste the little time I had left?

  "Shall we?" Harry asked, holding out his arm. I linked mine with his as we walked through the front covered grass and toward the front of the ice rink where there was a concession stand and the room filled with worn ice skates, ready for you to take and fail miserably at using them.

  "Can any of you skate?" I asked the group as Harry pulled some money out of his pocket.

  "Badly," Tiff answered. Niall laughed as Harry handed the money to the round lady sitting behind a glass wall as she got the tickets ready for us.

  "I'm sure you're amazing." He told her. She just smiled at him, but I could tell that she wasn't to thrilled about today, considering that the love of her life was leaving and she didn't know when he'd be back. In a way, it was like he was in the army, only she was guaranteed he would be safe. Niall didn't notice this at all as we walked over to the little room stacked up with different sizes of skates.

  Harry and I sat next to each other at a bench and took off our shoes as Tiff and Niall got theirs. I bit my lip hesitantly. I was glad he didn't know how much he really meant to me, because if he did I probably wouldn't be able to show my face to him again. It'd just be too embarrassing to bear.

  "I'm actually pretty good at ice skating." He said as he untied his sneaker.

  "Lucky. I can't skate to save my life." I laughed lightheartedly, but it was all a facade. My insides were still healing from what Harry said earlier, but I knew that I would never fully recover. The worst part was; Harry didn't even know what he did, or that he did anything wrong. I was thinking of just confessing to him, but then what? He was going to go away, nothing could stop that.

  "Hey, I'm going to get my skates Darcy. What size are you?" He asked.

  "Nine." I called after him, trying to sound full of life and happy. Tiff had amazing acting skills, because after what she told me last night, there was no way she wasn't dying on the inside. I tried to imagine what it would be like, being boyfriends with a famous person. But after what Harry said today, there was absolutely no chance of that happening whatsoever.

  I looked next to me to see that Harry left his phone again. It was going off, the screen lighting up and saying Vanessa<3. I wondered what they talked about, if he ever mentioned me. I wondered if she was a sweet girl, and silently hoped she turned out to be a real jerk to Harry. I know that would be mean of me, but then maybe he would fall for me and something would be right in this world.

  "Harry, Vanessa's calling!" I called to him.

  "You can answer it!" He told me, smiling cheekily before turning to the man behind the counter and asking for me and his shoes. I grabbed him phone and hit the answer button, not really sure what I was doing. It felt like that day, only four days ago, when I called Harry for the first time.

  "Hello?" I answered.

  "Harry?" A confused voice asked over the phone.

  "No, this is actually his friend Darcy." I said. This was really awkward.

  "Oh, hi Darcy! I've heard about you before." She said sweetly. I silently scowled. "How're you doing?" This time when she asked, she was more serious now. But one thing was obvious in her voice: she cared. But I didn't want her to care.

  "I'm alright." I answered. "How are you?"

  "Great! Hey, could you tell Harry that I said yes to dinner on Thursday?" She asked. I felt like I had just been kicked in the stomach, and it took me a second before I could respond.

  "Sure."

  "Okay, see you!"

                       ********

  Skating was impossible. Tiff was right though, she wasn't very good at it. I can't really say much about her skating abilities, though, because mine was proved to be worse by all the bruises I probably had. Harry was decent at it, skating in circles around us and occasionally trying to twirl me. I'd be off guard for a moment, but he'd always catch me when I fell. But now, I was falling for him and had nobody to catch me.

  "Let's have a race." Harry suggested. Everyone else in the group glared at him as he grinned cheekily at us, obviously knowing that he would win and the only thing we'd be getting is more bruises. "Please?" He begged.

  "Fine, fine." I agreed. "Come on, guys. It won't be too bad."

  Tiff and Niall finally agreed to join us, and together we stood at the end of the rink, glancing around at each other. There was a boy that looked to be around fifteen was going to be the judge of the race, a boy with black hair and a face of pimples, stood beside us with a giant smile on his face.

  "On your mark... get set... go!" He said. I pushed off of the wall and accidentally ran into Tiff, who was already going slow and losing balance. Niall was behind us, trying to work his way around us but ending up tripping over us, whilst Harry was speeding to the other side. The boy smirked at us, and Tiff glared.

  "This takes some serious skill, okay?" She retorted. He bit his lip and turned back to Harry, who had already lapped us and was skating slowly, gasping for air as he tried not to laugh.

  I was really going to miss this.

 Vote, fan, and ESPECIALLY COMMENT! Seriously you guys, last chapter's comments made me so happy. I especially liked the long comments, they were all so sweet<3 Except for the mean stuff towards Harry. No Haz hate, pleeeeaaassee c:

 ~Delilah