16: Airplane and Vanessa

Guys, look at Nathan's last name. I changed it to McDonald c: And this story is PG, mind you. Nobody is getting raped, I can assure you. In my stories I keep them clean, and well, PG. Thanks for the 250,000 reads, lots of votes, and the amazing comments! SERIOUSLY THE COMMENTS ARE THE BOMB.COM and IF YOU ARE THE BOMB.COM YOU SHOULD COMMENT.

 I drug my suitcase down the narrow carpeted hall that was connected to the private cabin me and Tiff were going to have on the airplane. She had called Niall and told him that we didn't need special treatment, but he had insisted. I thought it was cute how Niall could be so romantic but also so madly in love with food at the same time.

  "Cabin 14 awaits." Tiff said, grabbing my hand and pulling me along. She had a neon green suitcase that Niall had got her so that while they were on a vacation in Mexico he wouldn't lose her in the airport crowd. I giggled, and the minute we stepped in the cabin it looked nothing like an airplane.

  "Is this even allowed!?" I asked, letting my bags fall to the ground as I checked out all of the cabin's amazing decor. There was a fake fireplace with elegant dark wood around it, and on top of it was a flat screen television that I assumed had all the possible channels in the world.

  Towards the back of the cabin, there was a large bed with what looked like the softest quilt in the world. Beside that was a bed identical to it, and across the hall was a bed identical to both of those. I didn't really think much about the beds as I walked past the fireplace and over to a small bathroom and mini-kitchen. I could plainly see from the pantry that it was fully stocked for our arrival. I wondered if Niall had arranged that for us.

  "Darcy! Why are there beds? And three of them?" Tiff called out. I grabbed a tastycake and began to unwrap it as I walked out to her, shrugging slightly. There was a bodyguard man standing by the door who was smiling, and I raised an eyebrow at him.

  "We're only going to London. Why would we need beds?" I asked.

  "The boys didn't want to tell you, but the party is actually in New York City. They wanted it to be a surprise." The bodyguard said. "As for the three beds, well, don't you know Miss Vanessa here would be joining you?" He asked. Behind him a girl with radiant blue eyes and perfectly curled hair emerged from the shadows and waved to us.

  I smiled nervously back at her, not wanted to seem impolite. But really, I did not want her here.

  ****

  "Guys, listen to what Harry said." Vanessa said. We were all sitting at a simple glass table, eating grilled cheese that the bodyguard made. He had explained to us that he used to work at a restaurant, and he wanted to treat us to 'his specialty', which I wasn't expecting to be grilled cheese, but I thought it was kind of cute. He cut mine into the letter D for Darcy, and did the same for the other girls.

  "What." Tiff grumbled, saying it more as a statement than a question. The whole evening Vanessa had been texting Harry nonstop, and I secretly hoped that it was about me. I tried texting him about two hours ago with no reply, and at that moment realized that all hope I had in us was lost. I'd given him so many chances. It was like I was a fisher and he was a fish, and each time I cast my line out he'd just swim away and make out with the evil Vanessa fish. But the thing was, she wasn't evil.

  But then again, the harmless old lady with the poisoned apple in Snow White didn't appear to be evil, but she was actually a wicked witch. I secretly hoped she'd turn out like that, but it seemed impossible. She was flawless.

  "I can't wait till you come, I miss you so so much. xoxo.'" Vanessa giggled. Tiff nudged me with her foot under the table, and I didn't realize I was wadding my napkin up into a ball, my hand shaking from how hard I was squeezing my fist. I released my grip and Vanessa gave me a weird look, but I knew she didn't mean it meanly. She was so nice, she even brought us cookies. And they had icing and sprinkles. She's good.

  "Listen to this one, too. It sounds a little weird because we were in the middle of the conversation but he sent this. 'The truth is, I've liked you for a while. You're perfect, flawless, and beautiful. There is nobody else that I would ever love.'" Vanessa said, breaking out into a grin and squealing.

  "Harry doesn't like squealers." Tiff said through her teeth. Tears brimmed my eyes, and I tried to fan them with my hand and pretend that I was coughing. Vanessa didn't seem to notice as her fingers danced on her screen, probably telling Harry that she loved him and wanted to marry him. I couldn't believe that it was only a week ago that I thought I could have everything figured out and start over with a new person. Nathan and I would never, not in a million years, have anything between us except a good friendship. That was final.

  "'He says one day he wants to marry me.'" Vanessa said finally. I couldn't take it. I could see the room becoming a blur and I knew that I couldn't cry in front of Vanessa. She'd expect that I liked Harry, which I did, and that would just over complicate things. I couldn't do that.

  I silently excused myself from the table and rushed to the bathroom. I couldn't go over to my bed, because it was literally ten feet away and there wasn't any door. I closed the small door and switched the Vacant sign to Occupied.

  I leaned on the sink, my hands gripping the sides for support. I was being over dramatic for sure. Even though I felt that I knew that, I couldn't help but feel absolutely sorry for myself. It was like Romeo and Juliet, only Romeo went off and married Barbie and Juliet was left in the shadows. It was true that she was like Barbie, but I most certainly did not want to be left in the shadows. Harry was so blind and oblivious and...

  "Darcy?" Tiff said in a small voice outside the door. I cupped my hand over my mouth so that if I had one of those awkward  breathing spasm things when you cry nobody would hear it.

  "Mmhmm?" I managed to say without my voice stopping.

  "Are you okay?"

  "Mmhmm."

  "You sure?"

  "Mmhmm. I'll be out soon." I managed to say. I could almost feel her nodding sympathetically before she left and went back to the table, while she was forced to listen to Vanessa go on and on about her beloved Harry.

  You'd think that after all this hurt I'd finally move on. Some things don't make any sense when you're in love, like this situation now. But in times like this I knew that I had to go with my heart. I loved Harry, and I was going to do something about it. 

  Soon.

  What do you think? So you've finally met Vanessa. I mean, sort of. All she did was talk about Harry, like, the whole time. She's a bit annoying, isn't she? So what do you think will happen at the party? Will Darcy tell Harry how she feels? Will Vanessa fall in a toilet and die from the killer evil fish that lives in the toilet?

  Comment, vote, fan c;

  ~Delilah. xo. xo. xo.