3: We All Scream 4 Icecream

Darcy's P.O.V

  Almost a day later had gone by and I hadn't received anything from Harry. I had done my research on the computer and found out that not only was he famous, him and his band were like the Michael Jackson's of boybands. They were legends with incredible voices that could lift anyone's spirits. I had been listening to their music while unpacking boxes apon boxes of new things that people donate and found that out easily. Just thinking of Harry knocking at my door to come and see me again brought a giant smile on my face.

  I stood in front of my kitchen pantry, wearing a baggy t~shirt and sweatpants. I had gotten things for the grocery store with a giant check that I had gotten and finally arranged them neatly in the little closet. All of the silverware was in drawers, but if someone asked me to get them a bowl I'd probably have to check several drawers before finding one. My bad memory had been a problem for me all my life; and it was actually me forgetting which way to the X Factor studio and landing on a back street that got me kidnapped.

  I sighed. There was absoloutely nothing that I had to do. Being bored was an understatement to what I was feeling now. There were no friends that I could really call up and invite for a coffee, and I didn't even know of a coffee place nearby. I thought of maybe calling Harry again- but dismissed the thought because nobody likes an irritating woman.

  When the phone ringed, I nearly jumped in the air. I was hoping and praying that it would be Harry. He'd stand in the doorway with a dozen roses, smile that amazing smile of his, dimples and all, and wisk me away from this cruel world that I was facing head-on on my own.

  But let's be real here.

  He wasn't going to come, and especially not like that. I looked at the ID to see that it was a lady named Silvia who had been helping me gather donations. She had a daughter my age named Tiffany, who was a pretty blonde with fair skin. I hadn't gotten a chance to talk to her, and she didn't make any attempts to talk to me.

  "Hello?" I said, pinning the phone in between my shoulder and my ear.

  "Hi, uhm, this is Tiffany." An unfamiliar voice said. I was dissapointed that it wasn't Harry; but also glad that it was Tiffany. Maybe she and I could go out somewhere and I wouldn't be stuck inside this too-cozy-for-comfort flat.

  "Oh! Hey, Tiffany. Thanks for donating those clothes, by the way. Everything fits." I said. For a moment she didn't say anything, and I was worried that her mother made her donate the clothes to me, but a second later I found my theory was wrong.

  " Great! I was hoping they would." She said. I smiled, but mainly that she opened up to me so fast. No doubt by the end of this week I wouldn't be stuck here. "Anyways. Me and my boyfriend, Niall, were supposed to have a date tonight. He was touring with his band and his flight got canceled, so I figured we could hang out. There's this really cool icecream shop across town you'd like."

  Half of me felt like I was just her second option, but half of me was just happy for getting an invitation at all. Thank you Tiffany's boyfriend.

  "Sure." I answered merrily. "I can be ready by noon."

                                                                                                                                                                                          ********

  An hour later, Tiffany's silver Porche pulled up in front of the little complex. She smiled warmly and gave me a quick hug and handed me some Starbucks coffee.

  "My treat." She said. "I wasn't sure what you liked, so I just got you a Pumpkin Spice Latte." She gave a the warm cup and I clutched onto the styrofoam for warmth. Of course I would have forgotten a jacket. Signaling I was cold, Tiffany  bumped up the heat in her car before driving off to the ice cream shop.

  "So you like the place?" Tiffany asked, her eyes focused on the road. I took a sip of my sweet smelling latte and nodded.

  "It's great. I got the television to work this morning." I laughed. "I forgot to hook it up in the back." Tiffany giggled and turned a sharp right by a backroad, and I started to panic a little. The road reminded me so much of where I was picked up: the broken homes and the leaves scattered everywhere. The road was bumpy and a very light colour, and they even had the same dumpster at the left. But I was picked up back in my hometown of Holmes Chapel, not here in Chester.

  "I'm not good at that stuff either." Tiffany admitted. We pulled into a small parking lot with only about two cars in it. There was a small building that had a sign: We All Scream 4 Icecream. I chuckled at the corny name before hopping out of the passenger seat and back into the crisp air.

  Inside the store was just as corny as the name. All along the wall was the familiar chant that went: I scream, you scream, we all scream for icecream! Written in rainbow coloured letters. The lady behind the counter looked to be a highschooler due to the braces and many pimples. She had an extremely bored expression on her face that did not match the hat with the rainbow icecream cone she wore atop her head.

  "Hi, welcome to We Scream 4 Icecream. Our special treat of the day is the Oober Goober Chocolate Chip, may I take your order?" She asked. Her voice was so mono-tone that it made her sound almost robotic. (A/N: TIFF! THE ROBOTIC LEG xD)

  "I'll have the Extra Yummy Gummy please." Tiffany said, then looking to me to see what I wanted. All of the icecream names on the menu sounded like a foreign language.

  "I'll take the same." I finally said. I hoped that the Extra Yummy Gummy was good, because I hadn't a clue as to what it was. All of the other icecreams on the menu were either words that I couldn't pronounce or stupid catchphrases that I felt embarrassed to say, like for instance: Yummy In My Tummy Caramel.

  The monotoned-voice girl behind the counter went into the backroom to get our icecreams when I heard the front doors jingle. I didn't turn around as I rummaged around in my wallet for two dollars, and neither did Tiffany. I certainly didn't expect what was going to come next.

  Two hands covered Tiffany's eyes, and before I turned to see who it was I thought maybe I could kick them in the shins and we could run away. I had always expected the worst when I saw little things like this, because I knew that you never know when or who might get taken. But when I turned around, I saw a familiar boy's face from the One Direction billboard.

  And who did I see next to him?

  Oh, nobody special.

  Just Harry Styles.