2.4 | What Contract?

Sapphire

My alarm goes off the moment Amber wraps an arm around me, and I apologize profusely as I fumble to turn it off.

She pushes herself off me and pulls the sheets over her head, grumbling every curse word in existence, both english and spanish. And who could blame her? I can only imagine the headache she has to wake up to.

Quickly letting out another hushed apology, I scroll through social media for a couple of minutes before sitting up on the edge of the bed. I rub my eyes with the heels of my hands to try and rid of some laziness before stretching both arms over my head. It's not until I gather enough energy that I stand, grunting when my knees buckle slightly.

I leave Amber alone to sleep away her hangover as I head out of my room and make my way into the kitchen.

Setting down my phone on the counter, I grab a glass from the top cabinet before opening the fridge and grabbing the water pitcher. I fill it up all the way, finishing it in four big gulps. And as I set the empty cup down on the island, a satisfied sigh escapes my lips.

But my satisfaction is quickly interrupted when I hear the sound of a door shutting, followed by heavy footsteps nearing the kitchen. I don't have to guess to know that it's Ian. I mean who else would it be? Amber can barely sit up.

I quickly try to think of an escape plan as he gets closer and closer.

Just as I see Ian make an appearance, I drop down to the floor and crawl around the island, listening in on his footsteps to place exactly where he is, fully aware that I look ridiculous. But I'd rather that than face him after last night.

However, as soon as I try to make my escape by crawling away, the sound of him clearing his throat stops me in my tracks. I hesitantly look back, smiling sheepishly when I see him holding out my phone with a very amused look on his face.

Embarrassed, I force out a quiet laugh as I stand and walk up to him, just close enough to grab my phone.

Still wearing the amused smirk, he grabs the pitcher from the counter and serves himself water in the same cup I used. He stares at me over the rim as he takes a slow sip.

After setting it down, he grips the edge of the island and leans into his arms, his muscles bulging.

"So, tell me," he begins his torture of teasing me with a mischievous glint in his eye. "Is it true that you named a dildo after me, of all things?"

I scoff, trying to act nonchalant as I wave a dismissive hand. "That was just Amber being drunk Amber. She doesn't know what she says majority of the time. It's just nonsense."

"Oh yeah?"

"Mm-hmm." I nod to make my point clearer.

"That's funny. I don't remember you denying it last night."

I shrug, "That's because it's humiliating that she even put that image in your head."

My nonchalance is suddenly replaced by nerves as he pushes himself off the island and takes predatory steps toward me. I instinctively back away after each step he takes, my heart thumping against my chest.

"You don't need a toy when I'm just a room away, you know?"

My eyes are wide as I breathe out a, "What?"

"You heard me."

He's still stalking toward me as his tongue peeks out to wet his lower lip, his eyes scanning my body from head to toe.

An embarrassing gasp escapes my lips as the back of my knees crash into the couch, nearly making me tip over. Feeling dizzy, I ground myself by gripping the cushions by my sides, watching Ian slow his steps as he gets closer.