0.2 | Discussing The Rules

Sapphire

I check if the address is correct one last time, before going into the building.

I get greeted by a guy behind a desk and I walk over to him. "Hey, I'm here to check out an apartment on the sixth floor." I tell him, and he nods his head as he points to the elevator.

"I'm sure you know how to use those." He says, letting out a laugh and I blush.

"Yes, of course."

I walk over to the elevator and press the button, waiting patiently before the doors open. I step inside and press the button for the sixth floor.

Once the elevator gets to the sixth floor, the doors open and I step out before I look around for F-7, quickly spotting it to my left.

I stand in front of the door and take in a deep breath, before knocking three times.

I wait patiently as I look around, smiling at a lady that exits from her apartment.

The door opens after a few moments and I turn my attention to the person who opened it, my jaw slightly dropping.

The school's football captain is gonna be my housemate.

"So, you're going to be my new housemate." Ian says with a chuckle, opening the door wider so I can come in.

"Yeah," I agree, walking inside and looking around. "Wow, it's a really nice place. Better than what the pictures show actually."

"One of the best apartments in the building." He lets me know, shutting the door behind me before he walks in front of me. "My parents made sure I would be living in a five star apartment complex but they only paid for the first month." He specifies, turning to look at me. "So, now I have to have a housemate, or else I will get kicked out of here because I can't afford to pay the whole rent."

"But why would they get you the most expensive apartment if they want you to pay for it either way?" I can't help but ask.

"They want me to have responsibilities and apparently this was the only way to show them that I am capable of handling myself."

I nod my head in understanding. "I see."

"Yeah." He sighs, before turning back around and guiding me towards the kitchen.

"For an apartment, this is the best kitchen I have ever seen." I point out, scanning the kitchen from floor to ceiling. "Pretty impressive how clean it is."

"I only cleaned up because I knew you were coming." He confesses, rubbing the back of his neck. "The house is usually a mess, except when my sister comes." He chuckles. "She always scolds me and puts on some music, forcing me to help her clean up the entire house."

I laugh at that.

"I'll try to change my ways if you move in, of course." He laughs nervously, going around the counter before he sits on a stool.

"May I please sit?" I ask, pointing to a stool across from him.

"Yeah, go ahead."

I jump onto the stool, facing him. "I'm very interested in renting with you." I tell him truthfully, offering him a smile. "When can I start moving in? I already have the money with me, actually."

"You can start moving your things today, if you'd like." He answers as he smiles back at me. "I can even help you move, I don't have any plans for today either way. As for the money, I can also take it and hand you the key right now."