1.8 | Are We Suing...?

Sapphire

Waking up when a cold rush of air hits my body, I sleepily pat the bed to look for my blanket. When my hand lands on a naked chest instead, my eyes instantly fly open and I jump off the bed. That's when I notice that I'm also naked.

Please don't tell me I had a one-night-stand...

Cursing under my breath, I look for my clothes in the dark to avoid waking up the stranger in bed. When I fail to find them, I settle for a random shirt sitting on a chair, pulling it over my head and down on my body. I then grab my phone from the nightstand to check the time. The lock screen reveals that it's not my phone, but I find out exactly who's the one in bed.

The picture is of Ian and I grinning like goofs at the camera.

Well... at least it's not a stranger.

The sun begins to rise as I continue searching for my phone, but to no avail. Realizing that it's probably not even in here, I try to make a run for it, but am distracted when I catch a glimpse of the view outside of the glass doors through the small gap of his curtains.

Ian's bedroom is right in front of the ocean, letting him watch the sunrise illuminate the water every single morning if he wanted to. I push the curtains aside and open the glass doors to step out onto the balcony, smelling the ocean breeze and letting the chilly air hit my bare thighs, causing goosebumps to trickle all along my skin.

I lean against the railing, smiling at the beautiful sight.

"Sapphire?" A groggy voice sounds from behind me and I spin around to watch Ian rub his eyes, squinting at me when the sun hits his face. "What are you doing in my room and..." he trails off as he looks under the bed sheets. "Why am I naked...?"

I stay quiet, feeling heat travel up to my cheeks as I tug at the hem of the shirt, suddenly feeling like it's a lot shorter.

"Did we...?"

I simply nod my head, averting my gaze from him.

"So much for the rules."

I frown, "What do you mean? We are still just housemates, aren't we?"

He gets up and my eyes widen when he walks shamelessly across the room to go to his closet, completely naked. Moments later, he steps back out with clean black boxer briefs.

Running a hand through his hair, he steps out onto the balcony beside me. "Are we, though?"

"I believe so?" I offer. "We were both drunk."

He leans against the railing to look out at the ocean, biting his lip in deep thought. "Yeah... I guess you're right."

Leaning against the railing again, I stare at him as he runs a lazy hand through his hair once more. He looks tired, but there's a hint of sadness there.

"Hey, are you okay?" I ask, a slight pout tugging my lips downward.

He turns to look at me swiftly, nodding his head before refocusing his attention on the ocean waves. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Would you like me to leave you alone?"

He shakes his head, "No. Stay."

I nod, heaving a sigh as I run a hand through my messy hair. "Jesus, what did we do that has my hair all tangled?" I ask with a bit of agitation, trying to comb my fingers through my hair.

He returns his attention over to me, a small smile of amusement appearing on his lips. "I should be asking you why my back burns." He turns his back to me and my jaw drops, my eyes widening to their extent.

"Oh, my gosh! I am so sorry!" I rush out. "Does it hurt?" I carefully trace a scratch mark and the hiss that escapes his lips tells me that it does. "Ian, I feel bad."

He chuckles, "Don't worry about it. I'll be fine."

"But..." I pause, still staring at his back. "There's so many!"

"Probably means I did a good job."

A furious blush tints my cheeks as he smirks and wiggles his eyebrows. Unable to come up with a smart remark, I smack his arm and scoff. "Of course you would say that."

"Am I wrong?"

I turn to look at him, my eyebrows raised. "Who are you and what did you do to Ian?"

My heart flutters when a deep, genuine laugh moves past his lips, "I'm an alien and I'm here to take over the vorld."

"Vorld?" I repeat, arching a brow.

"Yes." He confirms with a curt nod. "Vorld."

Laughing softly, I push up against his side and he immediately wraps an arm around me. "Can I ask you a serious question?"

"Sure." He goes to stand behind me, wrapping his arms around me to try and keep me warm.

"How drunk were you? Drunk enough to have a blackout, or were you still aware of what you were doing?" I inquire, wanting to make sure he doesn't see it as a mistake.

He's silent for a moment, bending slightly to rest his chin on my shoulder, placing his mouth right by my ear. "Why do you ask?"

"Just."

"I know that drunk words are sober thoughts and as you like to call it, alcohol is just liquid courage. If you're asking if I remember anything, I do. I never do things I wouldn't do sober. I'm actually always aware of what I do."

"I'm the exact same way." I admit shyly, thankful that he can't see my flushed exterior. "So, you're not gonna sue me, right?"

"What?" He asks incredulously, pulling away from me as if I've burnt him. "Why would I sue you?"

"Because we had sex while we were drunk and you know... that's a bad thing..."

His hands grip my waist and he spins me around, pushing my hair away from my face with both hands before cupping my cheeks and making me look up at him. His touch is so tender, I smile and place a hand on top of his. "Like I said, I never do things I wouldn't do sober. The guy is usually the one who gets sued, so I should be asking you that."

I scoff and roll my eyes playfully, "Yeah, I'm gonna sue the guy who's been nothing but a sweetheart to me. I know if you had actually taken advantage of me, that's no excuse, but I'm always aware of what I do. Let's just agree to forget about this, alright? Don't drunk people forget once they're sober anyway?"

His face falls and he drops his hands from my face. "Yeah, sure."

"Is that not okay with you?" I ask with furrowed eyebrows. "What do you suggest we do then?"

"We can just forget about it," he shrugs. "I'm okay with that."

"Ian," I try to reach out for his hand but he pulls it away to run it through his hair. My chest tightens slightly and I drop my hand back by my side. "Talk to me. Did I say something wrong?"

He shakes his head furiously as he walks towards the door. "No, don't worry about it. I'm gonna go take a shower."

"O–" but he's out of the room before I can finish. "–kay" I finish off anyway.

Author's Note

Just a quick filler because ya girl isn't in a very good place mentally at the moment.

Love you guys :)