0.6 | Protecting The Drunk

Sapphire

"Are you really gonna stay in your room on a Saturday night?" Ian asks as he sticks his head in through the door and I look up from my laptop, meeting his amused eyes. "I thought you wanted to rent a place because you were concerned about your social life? Laying around in bed isn't gonna help, you know?"

I roll my eyes and focus my attention back on the screen. "My friends are busy," I reply with a shrug. "Not much I can do."

"Come to Micah's party with me." He suggests, fully walking into my room. That's when I notice that he's dressed in black jeans and a plain white v-neck. "It'll be fun."

I meet his eyes again, letting out a sigh. "I'm not much of a party girl. But thanks for the invitation."

He doesn't take the message. Instead, he takes the liberty to go through my closet. "Hey!" I protest. "You can't just go through a girl's closet like that!"

He freezes, pulling out a tight, knee-length black dress with a slit on the thigh. He smirks at me, bouncing his eyebrows suggestively. "You don't have a dress like this to not go to a party. Come on."

"If I keep objecting, you're not gonna leave me alone, are you?" He shakes his head. "I'm not winning this, either way, am I?"

"Nope."

I heave out a sigh, shutting my laptop and standing on my feet. "Fine. Get out. Let me get dressed."

He mocks a salute and does as told, handing me the dress before shutting the door behind him. I stare at the dress in my hand and shake my head. He's right, why do I even have a dress like this? I've only worn it once, and it was to go on a date with Zach. There's no use in having it anymore.

Up until now, at least.

I pull off my shirt and step out of my pj shorts, fixing myself into the dress. I stand in front of the mirror and turn my back against it, attempting to pull up the zipper. When it slips from my grip several times, I give up and open the door.

"Ian," I call out.

"Yes?"

"I can't get the zipper."

"Oh, let me help you with that." He takes position behind me and I hold the dress against me as he tugs the zipper up. "There you go."

"Thanks." I mumble lamely, making my way back into my room to fix my hair. "What time does the party start?"

"It barely started," he goes to stand under the doorframe. "I was already leaving, but I can't let you fuck up your social life. Like you said, you barely even have one."

I shoot a glare in his direction. "Only I'm allowed to bully myself over my social life, thank you very much."

He throws his hands up in the air, nearing my vanity. "Sorry, I'm just trying to help."

"By bullying me?"

"Oh, come on. I wouldn't put it that way. I'd never bully you." He leans back against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest, a smirk playing at his lips. "Do I look like a bully to you?"

"Um," I pause as I playfully inspect his face. "Yeah, kinda."

He rolls his eyes in amusement, pushing himself off the wall to sit on the bed. My eyes meet his through the mirror and I smile awkwardly, before continuing to brush through my hair.

"Did you ever stop to think about the fact that Julissa will get mad when she sees me walking into the party with you?" I bring up and he falls back on the bed, focusing his attention on the ceiling. "Well?"