Chapter 26

Songs for the chapter : This man by KJ Apa

Galliyan by Ankit Tiwari.
Genius by (my favorites) LSD.

* * * *

Shehnaaz remembers a time in her life, when her heart was open, when she looked at the world around her in amazement with wide eyes, a big smile showing her missing tooth, she was free like a breeze of spring time, her child heart, dancing like a bird song, trusted people around her.

But when she got older her heart  bolted tight, with only few of her trusted people inside, her people.

And then one day she met him, and he just barged in without any warning or notice and introduced a world full of dreams, a possibility of future, their own world of trust, faith and friendship.

She hesitated at the door because she wants to do it right, she doesn't want to mess it up by thinking something that is not true, the woman can be anyone, an old friend, a relative, someone who needs comfort, anyone.

She looks at him and her heart flutters as she realized she trust him wholeheartedly.

She can see in his body language, the way his back is stiff and straight, the way his hands are on her shoulder, and not around her, she smiles as she notices how he was distancing himself from her without even realizing he was doing it, and how awkward it looks.

"Sidharth."

She knocked on the glass door, and his posture relaxed as his head turns toward her and he got a chance to detach himself from her.

"Baby."

There’s a small smile that pulls against Sidharth's lips as he moves to meet Shehnaaz halfway, but he doesn’t seem to realize that he’s doing it. The other woman in the room sees it though - of course she does –  but it’s the twinkle in his eyes and the almost adoring tilt of his head that stops her in her tracks.

"Hey." He pulls her in a hug, their bodies touching from chest to knees, he relished in the feeling of her small body against his, he caresses her back, Shehnaaz sighed as she pushed herself into his chest, feeling the rhythm of his precious beating heart, and loving the musky and woody scent of his body.

See, there is no awkwardness, no stiffness and no distance between them.

She raised her head and looked up at him, while he rubs circles on her waist as he smile down at her, he leaned down before his lips moved over hers, the kiss was gentle, she stood on her toes while grabbing Sidharth's shoulders for better access, Sidharth deepened the kiss, his tongue invading her mouth, stealing her breath, he was going to lift her off the floor, when suddenly they heard an obnoxious sound of throat clearing.