Chapter 3

Songs for the chapter : Drama Queen by Shreya Ghoshal & Vishal Dadlani

Bloodline by Ariana Grande

* * * *

"I am adopting this one, I like his spirit" Mrs. Bell said while petting a British shorthair "what a cute little doggo" she cooed at the not-so-interested pet.

"It is a cat Mrs. Bell" Zara corrected her "and are you sure you want this one because he looks like any moment he is going to seep deep down in our soul and suck it out" she added while looking at the pet skeptically.

"Oh dear!" Mrs. Bell gaped at Zara.

Shehnaaz who is busy talking to a family, gave a look to her friend and assured Mrs. Bell "Don't worry Mrs. Bell Benjamin is a trained cat, he behaves really well. It's only first day, you can come daily and bond with him before you decide anything"

Shehnaaz nudged her friend to come with her. She goes back to the family she was talking to before. "Millie bacha are you ready to take Coco home" Shehnaaz asked the sweet little girl who was snuggling a Norwegian forest cat with brown and white fur and green eyes. The girl nodded her head excitedly. Shehnaaz wished that she could have been able to show her excitement like any other that have came here to find a pet to make a part of their family.

But Millie can't talk.

It has been emotional experience not only for the little girl who regularly came to this little shelter to bond with Coco but also for Shehnaaz, as she saw that how a little bit of love and care can make a life changing difference and she feels it's destiny that Coco chose Millie because Coco is deaf. This shows that sometime words aren't necessary to make a bond or to feel someone's pain, but just a little humanity, a soulful eye contact, a smile filled with happiness and understanding.

Millie looked at Shehnaaz with a smile filled with gratitude and that was enough sometime.

Shehnaaz ruffled Millie's hair lovingly and told her parents that adoption procedure has been completed.

"Tanya please show them to the room where all Coco's stuff has been packed" she instructed a shelter worker and bid them goodbye.

Zara came and hugged her soft hearted friend when she saw her sullen face "Arey, yaar Shehnaaz, they adopted a cat, tere bache ki vidayi nahi ho rahi" She joked to lighten her mood and added "let's go I'm so hungry"

They both grabbed their bags and entered the reception area when Mr. Murthi, the owner of the animal Shelter called Shehnaaz.

"Ji Sir?" Shehnaaz acknowledged him, Mr. Murthi is a very kind man, he was only 25 years old when he started this shelter for abused, abandoned animals with his wife Suha 30 years ago. he used to have a Shetland pony named Rio who unfortunately died while saving Mr. Murthi from an accident, he pushed Mr. murthi away from an oncoming land rover, Mr. Murthi was only 15 at that time but he never forgot his friend Rio and established a shelter named Rio's Animal Shelter