Chapter 6

Songs for the chapter : Changes by Cam

Pehli Baar by Ajay Gogavale.

* * * *

Sometimes life takes a kind of unexpected turn, that we don't get the time to question why, how or what, like why was his Dadi is always adamant about her decisions, he knew the reason why his brother and dadi were doing this, but why did they think it is okay to play with his emotions like that? His dadi had told him about her childhood friend and the promise they made to each other, but the thing he doesn't understand is how? How was he supposed to forget everything that had happened to him? How was he supposed to think about his future without drowning in the guilt about his past?

From past hours his life has been nothing but an unexpected journey. He met this woman again, the woman who was supposed to stay in his memories, a sweet little memory, but here he is sharing a ride with her and truck load of unexpected feelings.

Here's that word again.

Unexpected.

His life has always been unexpected, the unexpected divorce of his parents, the unexpected second marriage of his father, the unexpected betrayal from the person he loved with his whole heart. He did not know what is there more unexpected things that is stored in his future, he just hopes it doesn't break what was left of him.

Meanwhile Shehnaaz was in her deep thoughts, she was feeling something, the feeling doesn't have a name yet. It's was like something is stuck in her throat, she is feeling nervous fluttering in her stomach.

Acidity.

She doesn't think so. She took a quick look at the brooding man beside her who was holding a now sleeping Dubboo in his lap. He is so beautiful, he doesn't talk much but his presence is dominating, he has been nice to her, she knew he is a kind enough man to help her. He was patience also, not even once did he complained about anything, he wasn't even annoyed when she stopped at the foster care, instead he helped her with the boxes. She smiled at the thought when he was being dragged by that little girl, Suddenly she laughs when she remembers how he fell down from the tree.

"What??" Sidharth asked raising his eyebrows at her sudden laugh. "woh I just remember how you fell from the tree" she explained and he blushed. It seems like the confident businessman can't stop blushing around her.

"haan toh!! Mein gir gaya aur tum has rahi ho" He pouted at her without even realizing he was doing it, she smiles and says "But you were looking so cute while you were helping that kid, mujhe tumahre gaalo ko pinch karne ka mann kiya". She blushed when she realized what she said and he looked at her with gaping mouth with images of her touching his cheeks or any part of his body for that matter, he felt his body burn up at the thoughts. He squirms in his seat and clears his throat, banishing those images from his mind.