Chapter 28

Songs for the chapter : Gangsta by Kehlani

Dangerously by Charlie Puth. 

* * * *

Sidharth stripped off his coat and vest, as he looks at Shehnaaz who was moving up the stairs towards their room with angry footsteps, dubboo following her, barking and huffing to get her attention. He too follows behind her, When he was in front of their room Sidharth didn't bother to knock and entered directly. It was his room too after all. The lamp of the nightstand was on, and Shehnaaz was there, lying on the bed on her side, dubboo playing, licking her face, sliding on her, like she was his personal jumbo jim, she was still dressed and giving her back to him.

"Shehnaaz?"

As Sidharth was expecting Shehnaaz didn't answer him, so with lazy steps he went to the bed and sat next to her, who didn't even flinch, but he caught the little Mutt's attention.

"Just go sleep somewhere else tonight." She said, not opening her eyes, and pretended that she was trying to sleep.

Sidharth sighed with resignation and passed a hand through his hair, and ignoring the little whimpering doggo, that was trying to climb up his body. "Okay, are you going to tell me what the hell is wrong with you? Or are you going to give me the cold shoulder the rest of the night?"

Her eyes shoot open, and she quickly sat up, and if looks could kill, he wouldn't have been sitting there in front of her, "Are you freaking kidding me? You are telling me you don't know what you asked me when you were pinning me to the wall."

"I know what I asked."

"What did you asked?" She raised a brow at him.

"I asked... Will you marry me?"

Shehnaaz's heart fluttered with delight, her body tingled with excitement hearing the words, but at the same time she felt disappointed and angry at him, not because it's too soon, or she doesn't want to, but because of the reason behind his intention of asking her this life changing question.

It doesn't matter to her if he had asked her three months ago or has have planned to ask three years later, she would have always said yes, because in these three months she has come to know about Sidharth, his friends, family and world, she has realized that she can never be the same again, because Sidharth is 'it' for her, she only belongs to Sidharth heart, body and soul.

"And what was the reason that you suddenly asked me to marry you?"

Because he was jealous.

He had been jealous all evening, the moment they have entered the party, all eyes where on them, he was used to it, and he wasn't surprised that Shehnaaz got everyone's attention so quickly, but it still made him feel territorial, as all the eyes caressing her every move, he saw how all the men were looking at her, it doesn't matter that he was beside her, it doesn't matter that they knew she was his, they still looked at her, like they wanted her, He watched her from across the large hall, drinking while trying to force himself not to punch each and every guy present there in the party as they flirted shamelessly, like they thought they have a chance and that does not sit well with him.