Chapter 21

"You can't be serious right now," Azriel stormed into the room where Rhysand and Feyre were. They were discussing plans to defeat Hybern, preparing after the attack that happened earlier in the city. 

"Az', please calm down and listen," Feyre said with a sweet voice, trying to calm the shadowsinger. The latter turned to her, rage burning in his eyes. 

"No, I won't calm down until you tell me that you're not really thinking about using my mate as a weapon," he said, his voice breaking a little at the thought of her being in pain again. He knows what using her powers means to her, how painful it is after using so much of it as she did yesterday. She still hasn't woken up since she passed out in the city. She's so weak right now and he doesn't know when she's going to wake up. 

"We need her Azriel," Rhysand finally said, standing up from his chair. "She's our only chance at winning the war." He approached his shadowsinger and put a hand on his shoulder. "Look," he looked deep in his eyes, seeing the same fear he gets every time Feyre is in danger. "I know you're scared." He can't imagine in how much fear he would be if Feyre was the one with those powers, but he knows that he would still make the same decision, a hundred times if it needed to. "Azriel, Prythian is in danger and your mate is the only one who can change that." 

"Rhys." You could actually hear the tears in Azriel's voice. "I don't think she's gonna make it if she does that one more time," he wasn't used to show his emotions but he couldn't hold his tears back at the thought of losing his mate again. The pain he felt when he saw the blade piercing through her body, taking the blow to protect him. The image of her body, lifeless in his arms couldn't leave his mind these days. 

Rhys sighed. He understands the shadowsinger and his fear, he really does but he has to protect his people. 

"Why don't we just ask her?" Both of the Illyrians turned to Feyre. "Let her make the decision," the High Lady shrugged.

"What decision?" The three of them turned to the door which was still open from when Azriel came in to see Eileánóir, leaning on the door frame. She'd heard them talking from her bed in Cassian's room when she woke up ten minutes ago. She felt weak and tired but at least she was up. Quickly, Azriel ran to her, taking his mate in his arms, making sure she was okay. 

"I'm fine Az'," she looked in his eyes, trying to reassure him. "I promise," she smiled at him then looked at Feyre. "So, what decision who has to make?" She asked trying to sound curious even if she heard everything they said before she came in. 

"Well...," Feyre looked at Rhysand, not knowing at last if it was a good idea to tell her best friend about what they just discussed. Of course, she actually thought what she said to the two men but asking her best friend a question that important, when she had just woken up from being drained of her energy, wasn't the best idea. Looking back at all of this, she wouldn't have imagined the two of them, with simple lives, becoming fae. Her finding the love of her life and becoming High Lady and her best friend also finding as well and having so much power that she's their only chance at staying alive. They were only poor humans who were trying to survive in their harsh lives on the other side of the border and now if it wasn't for that war with Hybern, they would be happy. Sometimes she wonders what her best friend's life would be if she had stayed on the lands where she was born, far away from where Feyre was born, far away from Prythian. She'd have never met her, Azriel would have never met his mate. How long would he have loved Mor in secret without telling anyone? Would Eileánóir have still left her home with her horrible father? What job would she have? Or perhaps she would still study at school? Her world was so much different from hers and even more different from Prythian. When they were on the other side of the border, Feyre would listen for hours to Eileánóir talking about how her world was. One night, they had even planned a whole journey to go back there together. Thinking back to it, it would have been quite fun to live in a house, the two of them. They could have studied art in the same school, perhaps even work at the same place. Her life would have been so different from what it is now. But again, they wouldn't have met their mates and Prythian would have still been in the hands of Amarantha. 

"You're our only chance at winning against Hybern." Rhysand didn't want to beat around the bush. There might be other soldiers on their way to Prythian while they were speaking, he couldn't lose any more time with formalities. Azriel didn't even have the time to say anything that Eileánóir had already taken her decision. 

"I'll do it," she looked at Rhysand. "I'll be your weapon against Hybern."

⋆。⋆˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆.

here's another chapter! 

Just wanted to say that, even if I don't respond to every comment, I do read all of them and even if it's just a comment on a sentence in the chapter, I love reading your reactions and emotions to what I write, I always have fun going through all of your comments. 

Again a reminder, if you find any mistake in my story, whether it is a grammar mistake or a timeline mistake because I haven't read the series acotar in so long, please let me know! I take criticism as long as it's not straight-up offensive and mean 

thank you for reading this chapter!