Chapter 8

Quick note: The last chapter end now with a weird sentence because I think Wattepad erased some words. I know I didn't end there but I can't remember what I wrote after. So I'll just continue the fic ignoring this little accident 

Cassian woke Eileánóir up early the next day, panicking.  There had been an attack in the Summer Court and Tarquin was asking for help from everyone, he was asking for a meeting with every High Lord urgently. So she had dressed and Feyre had winnowed with her in Adriata. 

Chaos was all she could see. People were screaming, fighting, dying, swords were clashing and in the middle of this was Tarquin, fighting with his people. When he saw us, he winnowed in front of us. 

"I was waiting for you, everybody is on the camp." Indeed, every High Lord was here except for Beron but Eris was replacing him and Eileánóir was glad that it was him who came. The heir of the Autumn Court gave her a little smile, a comforting smile that she tried to give back. 

That meeting had to be quick. Every High Lord brought their army with them and they decided to fight along with Tarquin. In seconds, the inner circle was ready to fight and Nesta and Elain were in a safe room. Feyre wanted Eileánóir to stay with her sisters but she refused. She had trained with Cassian and she wanted to help Tarquin and his people. He has such a pure heart, she could not stay with Elain and Nesta waiting in a room. 

"I'm gonna say it for the last time, you stay in that room," Feyre told her as Eileánóir was arguing for joining the fight with them. 

"I can't just stay here, arms crossed," she said angrily. 

Feyre turned to her mate as her last chance to win the argument. "Rhys, tell her!" He looked at his mate then at her best friend. "Feyre's right, you should stay here. It's dangerous outside."

**

That's how she found herself locked in a room with Feyre's sisters. 

"Please can you stop walking in circles like that, it's getting on my nerves," she heard Nesta say. Eileánóir turned, flames in her eyes. She couldn't believe that Nest was so peaceful even if Feyre was outside, on a battlefield, perhaps even dying. 

"You're not worried?" She looked at her. "I know you don't like your sister or you act like it but there's Cassian outside as well, would you want to see him die ?" She didn't mean to hurt Nesta but she was angry and worried, she couldn't control her emotions and her mouth. 

"How dare you?" Nesta looked at her. If a look could kill, Eileánóir would have been six feet underground. 

"I'm just telling you, people are dying there, it could be anyone from our little circle," she told Feyre's sister before she took a weapon that she had hidden then opened the window. 

"What the hell are you doing now?" The cold voice of Nesta was far now, an echo to the noises of the battlefield. Eileánóir didn't hesitate and jumped on the ground. She looked for the last time at Feyre's sisters, not sure if she will see them again. At last, she began to run to the battlefield, determined to protect her friends. 

She had never seen death in person but now she could see it everywhere. The ground was filled with dead soldiers, she could not see the real ground anymore. Others were dying, having lost too much blood. The smell of blood was everywhere. She wanted to throw up.

Suddenly, she missed a heartbeat. There was an Illyrian, dead for what she was seeing. He had short black hair and had scars. Her face went white when she saw the scars. They were like Azriel's. She ran to the corpse and sighed from relief when she saw it was not him. He could still be alive. 

She didn't want to think about it but it was clear she went outside for Azriel. She knew he was one of the best soldiers but she had to protect him, she couldn't let him fight alone. She knew she couldn't stand a chance against an Hybern soldier but she had to try, be at Azriel's side. 

Then she saw him. He was fighting with a man, she smiled a bit when she saw that he was winning but then she lost it. He couldn't see the man running for him from behind him, with his sword ready to strike. She didn't think, her legs were already moving, she was running in their direction, screaming Azriel's name to alert him of the danger in his back. How had he not noticed? His shadows would have alerted him. She realized now that he had no shadows around him. He had left them where Feyre's sisters were, protecting them. 

He didn't have the time to turn but she did. In seconds she was behind him, protecting him from the blow. She smiled at first because she knew he would be safe then she felt a burn in her stomach. She looked down, the sword had passed through her, blood already running down her legs, creating a pool of blood on the ground. She had saved Azriel without thinking of her own life, her weak human life. She felt her body fall. She closed her eyes, expecting to hit the ground but instead, she fell in someone's arms. She couldn't see who had caught her because her vision was blurred. She could hear someone screaming far far away. Or maybe was it just near her? She couldn't tell, she was dying, her hearing was beginning to fail her. She could just tell that it was a man's voice and it was screaming her name. Slowly, the voice moved away and silence filled her ears. Her vision became darker and the burn in her stomach eased. 

Azriel heard a voice calling for him. He missed a heartbeat. It was Eileánóir's voice. What was she doing here? His shadows would have told him that she left the room. He quickly killed the man in front of him then turned to her. She ran behind him for a reason he didn't know then he saw him. A Hybern soldier who was going to kill him. He couldn't be that quick but Eileánóir was. He froze when he saw the sword piercing her. He couldn't believe it, it was a nightmare. He couldn't lose her like that, in a battle, she was not supposed to fight. It was not her battle but she wanted to fight on Feyre's side. She had told them hours ago. Or was it minutes ago? He couldn't tell. Time now was passing really slowly. He saw Eileánóir's body fell and took her in his arms. He went to his knees, his face froze in a shocking state. He heard swords colliding with flesh around him but he didn't care, he heard people coming around him. He couldn't tell if it was the enemy or Rhys or someone else, his eyes were fixed on her. He was losing her, he could feel it inside of him. Rhys had told him how it had felt when he had seen Feyre dying. The bond hadn't snapped yet but he had felt empty like his soul had left with her. He was feeling the same now, seeing life leaving her body. He heard a voice screaming her name. It took him some time to understand that it was his voice, he was screaming her name, hoping that she would live. He knew she won't, he was feeling it, she was dying but he couldn't just watch her die. 

It was raining now, or was it him who was crying? Maybe, probably, his eyes were burning. Every piece of him was burning, screaming her name. He let out a sob when he saw her opening her eyes again but he saw that life was leaving them as well. She turned her head to him, looking at him in the eyes even if she certainly wasn't seeing him then he saw her closing her eyes and letting out a breath, her last. 

His mate was dead.

------------

Don't worry, it's not the end of the story, it's just the beginning ;) 

I wanted to thank 

@backthxrn

@netflixfan2

@blazingalaxy

@snorretje2001

@MockingjayUSA

@Kings_Cage

MonikaBielikov

adgirly

Maxxehh

For voting or commenting on this story :) It means a lot to me to see that people like what I write ;)

I'm sorry if I forgot someone :/

Art is from morgana0anagrom on Instagram she's amazing, go check her Instagram, she did a lot of acotar characters ;) Here it's Tarquin obviously :)