Chapter 14

Azriel woke up to an empty bed. The sun had already risen and birds were singing outside. He blinked and frowned when he saw that Eileánóir was no longer beside him. Weird, he would have felt her move as she slept in his arms because she was scared. The door of the bathroom was open so she was definitely not there. He finally got out of the bed and opened the door and smiled. He could hear Eileánóir singing the songs that came out of her phone. The smell too hit him. A sweet smell of sugar, was she doing breakfast?

He went downstairs to see his mate dancing to a song that wasn't in English nor in her native language. Yet he could hear some English words from time to time. He frowned and looked at her dancing. She was actually very good and that dance wasn't easy. It didn't look like a freestyle, she knew that dance by hard. When the song was over, Azriel clapped which made Eileánóir screamed. He laughed as she held at her chest like she wanted to protect her heart from another attack. She finally laughed and hit him slightly on the arm. 

"Don't ever do that again," she said still laughing a little. 

"That dance was really good," he said, still smiling. 

"Don't ever speak about what you saw to anybody," she threatened him with the butter knife she had in her hand. Azriel laughed. 

"Do you really think you can scare me with that little knife?" She looked at the knife she had in her hand and sighed. She wasn't gonna scare a skilled murderer with a knife that can't even cut properly into bread. "So... what are you cooking?" 

"Pancakes," she said, smiling. "It's been a long time since I've had those." She turned around to finish them as Azriel walked to the counter. 

"Need some help?" Azriel asked as Eileánóir turned to him, a plate in her hands. 

"Just sit and eat, I'll do mine," she smiled and his heart jumped again. He'll never get used to her smile. 

After eating, they decided to try doing some cookies. Azriel had asked for a day off to Rhysand so he could spend some time with her, which Rhysand accepted immediately, wanting them to grow closer so his spymaster could finally tell Eileánóir that she's his mate. 

"What the fuck are you doing?" Eileánóir looked at the Illyrian with a raised eyebrow. Indeed, Azriel was trying to weigh flour with a strainer. She laughed at his confused face then took the strainer from his hands. "That won't work really well," she giggled then looked at the remaining flour in the strainer. A mischevious smile appeared on her face as she took some in her hand and threw it at Azriel. 

"HEY!" he yelled, turning to his mate who was smirking. He smirked too then took the strainer and put what's left of the flour in her hair. She screamed then ran away, scared that he would put more in her hair. 

"Come back here!" Azriel began chasing Eileánóir who was running everywhere in the house. He finally caught her, laughing. "You really thought you could have escaped so easily?" He put some more flour on her face. "Here, better," he laughed as he saw her face. His smile faded when he realised that he was still hugging her from the back. Eileánóir turned to him with a little smile. "What?" she giggled at his face which was still frozen. 

"Nothing," he said, coming back to his senses. He smiled then looked at her lips. He had not dared a look since he met her, scared that he won't control himself. At that moment, all he could think of were her lips, a dark shade of pink because she had bitten her lips a few seconds ago. A habit of her he had noticed. He had the urge to kiss her right now but he refrained himself, scared that it would be too quick between the two of them. 

"Azriel? Are you okay?" He finally looked at her in the eyes. She was frowning and had a concerned look on her face. "Your shadows are freaking out," she said, looking around them. Indeed, his shadows were going crazy around the two of them. "Why are they acting like that?" She looked back at him with a questioning look. The Illyrian man took the opportunity without thinking. 

"They're mirroring my emotions, my thoughts," he admitted, raising his gaze to her mate. 

Eileánóir frowned. "What do you mean? Are you okay?" She was really concerned about him, seeing his shadows freaking out. Azriel took her hand and put it on his heart which was beating at a fast pace because of the girl. Her eyes widen as she felt his heartbeat going crazy. She hasn't been in Prythian for a long time but she knew that wasn't normal. 

"Oh my god, Az, are you okay?" She took his face in her hands, trying to find his gaze. He finally looked at her with a little smile. 

"You're the one doing this to me," he admitted with a shy smile. 

--------------------------------------------------------

Okay so first, I wanted to apologize for the people who were waiting for this part. I haven't posted for a long time but honestly,  I have a huge writer block and then the university happened and I got overwhelmed as well as I found a new center of interest so I did not really concentrate on writing nor reading. 

I don't really know if I'm back with the writing of not as I forced myself to write this and you might feel it. I'm gonna try my best to keep writing this story but I won't promise anything 

Hope you still like this part and I'm sorry for posting this late. Still, thank you for supporting my story and I hope you won't give up on it 

xx