Chapter 18

"I take back what I said, I can't do this," Eileánóir said shaking because she was nervous. 

Feyre had winnowed her and Mor in front of a cute little shop. Mor had told both of them it would be cute to arrange a little date for Eileánóir and Azriel. For that, she needed cute clothes which she hadn't so that's why they went shopping. 

"But I already have a dress, we went shopping with Feyre." 

"No," Mor said while looking for clothes in the shop. "You need something cute but not too provoking and not too simple," she took some clothes. "This will work, go in the changing room, now," she pushed her in the room with the clothes she picked up and closed the curtains. 

"There's no way I'm dressing like that Mor," the red-headed girl said behind the curtains. She got out of the room and went back into the shop. "Let me choose for myself, it'll be more natural than if one of you had chosen for me." 

Mor looked at Feyre who nodded. "She's right." She looked back at her best friend. "We can't make her look like somebody else, she needs to be in clothes of her style." 

"This will do," Eileánóir smiled, taking clothes with her. A few minutes later, she came back dressed in clothes she liked. Mor had to admit, it looked good on her even if you'd see this more in Day Court than here. She was dressed all in yellow. This color suited her and if she hadn't been Azriel's mate, Mor would have definitely tried to flirt with her. The association of the yellow skirt with the yellow top with wide sleeves looked really good and the sunbelt finished the look. She didn't know how she had found those clothes in the shop though because it wasn't really the fashion of the Night Court. 

"By the Cauldron Eil' you're stunning!" Feyre said, clapping her hands happily. "C'mon, you need to find shoes."

"Mine at the cottage will work," Eileánóir said. "Let me pay for that then I'll go there." She also took trousers then paid and changed into the yellow top with the trousers she just bought. 

"What're the trousers for?" Feyre asked, frowning. Her best friend smiled. It'll be easier for me to go back to the cottage like that." She looked at the time. "I should probably go, see you tomorrow!" She shouted at them while running in the direction of the cottage. 

"Eil' wait!" Feyre shouted, running after Eileánóir. "How are you gonna go back to..." she didn't finish her sentence, too shocked of what she was seeing. Beautiful wings had appeared in her best friend's back. The bluish shine of them hypnotized her, she had never seen wings so beautiful. Mor, who had joined Feyre's side, was also mesmerized by the wings.

Eileánóir tried her best to fly but she couldn't fly a lot, only a few flapping then she has to go back on the ground. But eventually, she arrived a the cottage. 

There, she changed in the clothes she bought and prepared everything for the date. As it wasn't cold outside, she put a table in the field of sunflowers and prepared a diner for two. After setting up the table and cooking, she thought about how she's going to tell Feyre that Azriel can come. She sat in the field then an idea came to her mind. She created a bird made of wind and wrote a message for Feyre then sent the bird. She really has to ask Feyre to help her discover more powers she had. 

She didn't wait long until she saw shadows in the sky, coming in her direction. She got up from the ground and waited for him. Her palms were sweaty, she was so nervous. She knew he loves her but she couldn't help it, she was shaking.

Her heart skipped a bit when he finally appeared in the middle of the field. He was dressed in blue, like his Siphon. He was nervous as well, she could see it. As soon as he stopped in front of her, she looked at him in the eyes. 

"I'm so sorry for the last time I was-" 

"Please let's just not talk about that, just forget it," Azriel said with a shy smile. This really was the opposite of the Azriel she saw on the battlefield. She had realized it when she spent time alone with him in the cottage, there's two Azriel and she already fell for both. Now she was torn between two emotions. Her heart wants to confess now but her brain wants to go slow with Azriel. She should follow her brain. 

The next minutes were really awkward, nobody knew what to say and he looked really nervous at the idea of eating something Eileánóir had cooked. Were the pancakes really that bad the first time they ate together? 

"Az, what's the matter?" Eileánóir finally said, walking to the cottage so she could bring what she made. She turned to him. "You know, if you really don't wanna eat with me, we can do this another time," she said, lowering her head. She understood why he didn't want to spend time with her but she really missed him and she really needs to spend some more time with him. 

"You know what? Maybe it's better like that," she heard him say before hearing wings flapping. He was gone. He was really gone. He had left her in that field where she had done everything so they could spend a beautiful night. Of course, she had left him the choice to stay or not but she never thought that he would actually leave like that. Maybe it's better like that. What did he mean? Was he talking about the date or about their whole relation? Were they really never going to talk about what happened and keep ignoring each other for the rest of their lives? 

Maybe it's better like that

She blinked. Azriel was still walking to her. Was she daydreaming? What just happened? She looked at him, she was back before she chose her brain over her heart. If she follows what just happened in her head, it's not what she wants. 

Heart it is. 

Her legs moved before she took her decision. She was running in his direction. She couldn't let her dream happen. 

She jumped in his arms and wrapped her arms around his neck then kissed him like there was no tomorrow. Because it was true, there could not be a tomorrow. 

------------

FINALLY, I found the motivation to write! I'm sorry for the people who waited for this chapter but I'm not the best writer to rely on with writing fast

Anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter, tell me your thoughts in the comments! (admit it, u got scared when Azriel just flew away)

btw, the outfit she's wearing for the date is the yellow one in the picture at the beginning of the chapter