Chapter 24

They both met at the cottage exactly half an hour after they had gone for their little shopping and looking at Eileánóir's face, she seemed really excited about that date. 

To be honest, she had never gone on a date with anyone so she was looking forward to this one. She was even happier because she will be comfortable as she already knew Azriel and it wouldn't be some kind of random stranger. 

"You got everything you wanted?" Azriel asked looking at the bag his mate was hiding from him. "Don't peak!" He laughed as she threatened him with her finger. He lifted his arms in defeat, "okay, okay." He took the bag of food he had put down when he'd landed in the field. It got him thinking... "How did you come here?" He looked shocked. "You still can't fly yet." She smirked, watching him trying to find an explanation of how she could have arrived here without anyone's help. 

"Perhaps," she looked around her with a little smile, "I practiced a lot and now I can fly way better than the last time you saw me," she looked back at him to see his reaction and she was not disappointed as she met a puzzled gaze from her mate. She started to laugh then went into the cottage, proud of herself. Her smile faded when she heard the door closed behind her. "Azriel, what are yo-"

"Don't go out," she could hear behind the door. "I'm preparing something," she could actually see the smile splattered on his face through the door. She took that opportunity to set down what she'd bought and get everything ready for what she'd prepared for the night. She'd finished by the time Azriel called her to come outside. 

She ran to the door and when she opened it, she was welcomed by a grinning Azriel who showed her the way to a deck at the back of the house she hadn't realize was there until now. 

"Wow Az', when did you.." she couldn't believe her eyes. Before her was the deck, decorated with candles and in the middle of it was a blanket with all kind of food on it, nothing that she could recognize. On the side, she could see a bouquet of what she thinks is orange blossoms and red tulips. She smiled at the choice of flowers and asked herself if he knew the meaning of those flowers. 

Azriel saw his mate looking at the flowers. "I know sunflowers are your favourite but we already have a field of those around us," he sat down on the blanket, motioning to his mate to do the same which she did, grinning. 

we.

He smiled at the use of the pronoun. All of this was theirs now. They could live here forever, just the two of them, happy. They will be able to do that after the end of the war, hopefully. 

He was brought back to reality by the feeling of his mate's arms around him, hugging him. He smiled and wrapped his arms around her. "This is wonderful, thank you," she said, in the crook of her mate's neck. Azriel smiled then, even if his body wanted to be stick to hers forever, broke the hug. "We should eat before it gets cold," he said, pointing at the food beside them. 

Eileánóir nodded and looked at the food. She's never seen any of what was beside them. She could perhaps guess some ingredients by the smell or the look of it but not everything that grew here on those lands grew on the continents. She looked back at her mate who took what looked like some kind of samosas but she had no idea what was inside it. She smiled and opened her mouth when he approached one to her face, "here, taste it." It was good, really good. She could discern some kind of meat and vegetables and a lot of different spices that were surely impossible to find on the continents. He ate one too before looking back at her. "You like it?" She nodded, smiling. 

She reached for her bag where what she'd bought today was. "Do you want to do my activity while eating ?" she tilted her head, waiting for his answer.