Chapter 13

The rain had stopped and Azriel had succeeded in bringing Eileánóir inside. When they finally got inside, Azriel lit a fire and prepared hot chocolate while Eileánóir changed. She came back smiling, smelling her favorite hot drink. 

"I like what I smell," Eileánóir said, coming in the kitchen. Azriel turned to her and smiled. 

"We need something warm after staying hours under the rain," he said, looking at her. 

"I didn't ask you to stay, you could have gotten inside," she said, smirking. 

"I wouldn't have left you alone in the rain, c' mon on," he laughed. Eileánóir smiled and drank her hot chocolate. 

"You should go and change, you're soaked," she pointed at his clothes. He looked down to his clothes and indeed, she was right, he was soaked and water was dripping on the floor.

"I'll be right back," he said then went to the bathroom in the bedroom. 

Eileánóir enjoyed her hot chocolate while looking through the window. The sun was setting, making the fields of sunflowers even more beautiful. She liked those days where you could just enjoy the nature that's surrounding us. The fae lands were even more beautiful than the human world that she knew. It's been a while since she thought of her world. Her world that only contained fear and darkness for her. Prythian was her world now. She's glad that the humans from her world don't know about these hidden lands. They would destroy it like their lands. When she was there, she hadn't felt at home. For her, humans were stupid and destroyed everything they touched. She had dreamed many times about a life like that. Where people don't destroy nature and where they live in peace. Well, for the peace part, Prythian had to work a bit about it too but it was still better than her world. 

She was still in her thoughts when Azriel came back from changing his clothes. Eileánóir hadn't heard him so he could peacefully admire her without getting caught. He could only see her red hair that fell beautifully on her back. He wished he could play with them right now. It had become really difficult to stay away from her. He had secretly wished for a mate for so long that he couldn't believe he actually had one. He was so scared to tell her though. He knew that she could reject the mating bond and he would understand but he doesn't want his heart, broken again. He smiled when she began to sing. Her voice was beautiful but he didn't understand what she was saying as it was not in English. He knew that English wasn't her first language so he assumed that it was her native language. It was a beautiful language that sounded very romantic. 

"How long have you been there?" He jumped at the question. He had been so lost in his voice that he hadn't even realized that she had stopped singing. His cheeks immediately turned red and he mumbled some excuses before leaving the house.

"Hey, wait!"  She ran after him as he was spreading his wings to fly back to Velaris. She immediately got scared when she saw that the sky was becoming dark again and she finally found the guts to ask him what she wanted to ask him since she came back to the cottage. 

"Please, stay! I can't sleep at night when you're not with me," she admitted while lowering her head. Azriel suddenly stopped all movements and only turned a bit his head to her. 

"You haven't slept for a week?" He asked, scared to already know the answer. Only silence answered him which he took as a yes. He finally turned fully to her and his expression softened when he saw that she had her head lowered. He walked to her with a little smile knowing that she needed him but lost it when he saw that she was crying. 

"I'm sorry to ask you that but I really need sleep and, and I'm scared," she managed to say between her sobs. 

"Hey...," he said, lifting her head by her chin. "You shouldn't be sorry for this," he smiled at her while caressing her cheek. She frowned, looking at him. "I'll be happy to stay here at night too so you won't be scared," he finally said which brighten Eileánóir's face. 

"You should smile more often," he smiled then took her hand. "Let's go back to the cottage." 

That's how they found themselves in the bedroom eating chocolate while talking about Eileánóir's previous world. 

"So you could play music anywhere you went?" Azriel asked, amazed. 

"Yeah," she laughed at his face. "I still have my phone and my MP4 somewhere here but you need energy to charge it and you don't have this here."

"You could use your powers, maybe it could work," he said and Eileánóir frowned. She had never thought of using her powers to charge her phone and her MP4 but it wasn't completely a stupid idea, it could actually work. She stood up and searched for her phone then got back to the bed. 

"I'm scared that it's gonna break my phone," she admitted. "I have a lot of memories in this." 

Azriel's eyes widen. "Wait, do you put your memories in this?" He seemed scared. 

Eileánóir burst out laughing. "No, I can take pictures with this, it's like, paintings but more realistic," she tried to explain to him. "I'll show you if I can charge it." 

She placed her phone in her flat palm and closed her eyes. She concentred her energy on it and tried to send some through her palm. Suddenly she heard the sound of a phone being turned on. Her face lit up as she saw the logo of the Korean brand appearing on the screen. 

She turned her head to find a confused Azriel. "How can that do any sound?" 

Eileánóir laughed and entered her code. "It's difficult to explain but it can." She smiled while going through all her music. She wanted him to listen to all of them but as she had more than 1000 songs on her phone, it was impossible. She went through all her music and found a song that meant a lot for her so she clicked on the play button. "Lost Boy" by Ruth B echoed in the room as she smiled sadly. She was lost in the music and didn't notice she was crying until she felt Azriel' hands on her cheeks, wiping her tears away. He put the phone away and took her in his arms. 

"I'm sorry, it's just that it's a song I used to listen when I felt down or with my best friend from my world," she said, still crying. 

He looked at her in the eyes and smiled a bit. "You won't ever feel alone anymore here, I'll always be here for you, no matter what," he finally said. 

No matter what

---------------------------------------

I'm so sorry for not posting for a while but I haven't felt like writing these weeks.

I hope this is gonna change soon but school is coming and I'll be really busy as the university will take a lot of my time but I'll try my best 

Hope you liked this part feel free to vote and comment, I don't bite, I like speaking with my readers !