Chapter 19

Eileánóir still couldn't process what was happening. Was that a dream like the first one? She didn't want it to be one. She wanted this to happen so bad for the longest time but couldn't do it for some reason. 

She put her head in the crook of Azriel's neck when he started walking to the cottage, Eileánóir still in his arms.

"What are you doing Az'?" She asked, her head still in his neck. 

She heard him chuckle. "It's been raining for a good 2 minutes now," he said, a big smile on his face. He was so happy that it finally happened. He still needs to tell her about the mating bond but now, he feels like he can finally do it. He won't be forcing her to a bond she didn't want now. 

"The dinner table is ruined now," Eileánóir pouted, looking outside before Azriel closed the door with his foot and ut her on the counter of the kitchen. 

"We'll eat here after but first, I need to tell you something," he looked at her sincerely. 

"Az'... there's no need for a big speech," she giggled. "We're good like that," she gently put her hand on his cheek, caressing it. He put his scarred hand on hers. 

Azriel closed his eyes, enjoying Eileánóir's touch before opening his eyes again. "It's not a big speech," he looked at the ground, nervousness finally coming and blurring his thoughts. "There's something I needed to tell you since we met but I couldn't tell you before," He looked at her, unsure about how she's going to react to what he's about to say. 

Eileánóir frowned. "What do you mean? Why couldn't you tell me before?"

Azriel sighed. He's really scared that she'll react as Feyre did with Rhysand. "Do you know what Feyre is to Rhysand?" 

Eileánóir raised an eyebrow. "Why are we talking about them now?" She didn't understand where he was going with all of this. 

"Just... Do you know what they are?" He insisted, not knowing how to tell her they were the same. 

"Uh... Well, Feyre told me a bit about their bond like it's something really rare and special on these lands but I don't know a lot about it to be honest, why?" She tilted her head. 

"It's called mates," Azriel finally said. "It's a very strong bond between two persons, like soulmates in your world," He looked directly at Eileánóir, trying to find any reaction on her side, seeing if she understood where he's going with that. She still seems confused. 

"Az' I really don't know where you're going with this just tell me w-"

"We're mates Eil'"

That's it, he said it. He's been waiting for so long and now it's finally out. He feels lighter now that he can finally stop lying to her. He looked at her, waiting for a reaction. He frowned as she seemed to think about something. 

"Now I understand why I was drawn to you," she said, taking his hand intertwining her fingers with his, a big smile on her face. Azriel smiled and played with her fingers.

"What do you mean?" 

"You might have noticed how Feyre was shocked when we first came back from the cottage. It's mainly because she knows I hate men and I'm really scared to be around strangers and you were both at that time," she looked at their fingers. "But I felt at ease with you and actually, the first few days I was here, I talked about you to Feyre," she looked at him with a little smile. "I was so sad when she told me you loved Mor and I didn't know why because we only knew each other for less than a week, I couldn't believe I already loved you after only a few days." She laughed nervously because she wasn't used to talking about her feelings.