Chapter 5

What do you mean by "she's a witch"?" Rhys turned to Mor who had come back from the continents. He looked terrified. Witches were hunted and killed in Prythian because they were more powerful than all High Lords. They were feared and by the time fae found a way to weaken them, they'd killed them all. The thought of Eileánóir being a witch made him shiver and it could be possible with the amount the powers she showed them during the war.

"Not that type of witch I think," Mor said, trying to make her cousin relax. "I asked her what it meant and what she explained is not like our kind of witches."

"What did she say?" Rhys asked, brows furrowed. It made sense that she could be a witch from Prythian and if she indeed was one, he couldn't let her back to Prythian.

"Something about the powers of the element and the universe," Mor looked confused. "It sounds like our witches but without the huge powers that could kill everyone," she smiled at Rhys again to reassure her cousin.

Rhysand sighed. "Well, that's something else to worry about."

"Worry about what? Mor yelped as Azriel appeared from the shadows. Both didn't know where he went when he wasn't here discussing his mate's rescue, probably doing more research if you asked Rhys. 

"About whether Eil' is a witch or not," Mor said, frowning as she saw a slight change in Azriel's facial expression. It was rare, as the shadowsinger was a master at not showing emotion. 

"What are you thinking about?" Mor's brows furrowed. From his reaction, she knew there was something else he knew, something he was hiding from them. 

Azriel sensed their doubts and masked his emotions once again, not showing anything on his face. He had promised Eris not to share information about Saoirse with anyone, even the Inner Circle. He could feel Rhysand's talons on his mind, trying to ask him to show what he knows but the shadowsinger reinforced his protections on his mind and pushed his High Lord out of his mind. He could see his brother's jaw tightening, Rhys being obviously pissed that his spy wouldn't share information about something important to him. 

"Az'," Rhys began, his voice lower than usual, as the room seemed to shiver with his power,  the voice of the High Lord. "Can I have a minute with you?" Mor understood the silent order of getting out of the room, leaving the two to discuss whatever Azriel was hiding from them all. 

The door almost slammed behind her as she exited the room and she winced as she thought about the bad time Az is going to have. Rhys seemed really pissed and she could understand why. It was fair that Azriel was his spy and should share the information he was on anything inside and outside the borders of this court that could be a threat to them and their family which would be the case if the information the spymaster is holding is about witches as she thinks it is. 

Her face lost every bit of emotion as Eris turned right to the hallway Mor was in. Shouts began in the room she just left, showing that Azriel and Rhys were fighting on the matter of the information he was hiding as Eris walked to her. 

"What is happening inside?" Eris frowned, pointing to the closed door with his chin. 

"None of your business," Mor almost spat the words to the red-headed. As much as she liked Eil and she understood that she was close to the male but she couldn't just stop hating the now High Lord. 

He smirked. "Oh c'mon," he started, a little laugh left his lips. "No one is here, you can drop your fake story of how I'm the villain in your life," he put his hands in his pockets, determined to not leave. He had plans of talking to both Rhys and Azriel and the fact that they were probably throwing fists at each other in the room, he was not leaving. 

"I respect that you don't want to share that information with your little friends," Eris continued. "And I already told you that I don't care that you are making me the villain in our past," he cleared his throat. "I tell the same story to people," he looked at her. "But you and I both know that it is not the truth so you don't have to play like that when we're alone." Mor's face was white now. 

"Careful on what you're saying to people about me," Mor's face tightened. 

"I told you," Eris sighed. "It's not my information to share and I respect it but don't go as far as hating me when we're alone." 

"What are you doing here," the sound of the door opening and Rhys' voice broke the silence between the two fae after minutes of sitting in silence because of their own fight. 

"I'm here to discuss an important matter with you and Azriel," Eris straightened his back, getting back to his High Lord self. 

Rhys sighed and motioned for the High Lord to enter the room where Azriel was still in. Mor looked at the two of them and decided it was better to leave than to wait and witness another fight between her High Lord and Azriel. 

She wandered down the hallways of the house before she walked into the empty living room. She smiled as she thought of the numerous evenings she spent there with the Inner Circle. Mor sighed after thinking about the fact that Eileánóir hadn't really been able to witness this, become a part of this family for enough time that she could have fun with them, go to Rita's, spend the Winter Solstice in the house with everyone, exchanging gifts. Eileánóir hadn't had the time to do all of this and yet she had sacrificed everything for them. She looked back at the hallway where Rhys, Azriel and Eris were still in a meeting then took her bag, walked to the front door, determined to bring Eileánoir back. 

---