Chapter 16

"Eileánóir?" She heard her name echoing in the fields of sunflowers. She turned to the sound of the voice to see her best friend running to her. She had been staying for hours in the fields, thinking of what happened today. The sun had set now and it was nearly dark. Azriel will not be there tonight, she won't sleep. 

Feyre finally arrived at her, panting because she had been running. "What happened with Azriel? We saw him storming in the house without talking to anyone," she said, still out of breath. 

Eileánóir turned back to watch the sun finally set. "I don't want to talk about it," she said with a small voice. 

"Eil'...," Feyre said, coming beside her friend, patting her back. Eileánóir sat on the ground and Feyre did the same. 

"I screwed everything," Eileánóir finally said, her voice cracking. 

Feyre frowned. "What do you mean you screwed everything?" she took her best friend's hands. 

"He confessed to me, and I didn't say anything," she sighed. "He got out of the house and I couldn't move, I was frozen," she started crying silently. Feyre took her in her arms while her best friend cried on her shoulder. 

"You should talk to him," Feyre said at last. 

"No, he hates me now, I'm sure of it," Eileánóir sighed. 

"Don't say that Eil', he loves you a lot," Feyre said. "He wouldn't have confessed if he hated you." 

Feyre looked at her best friend. She hadn't spent that much time with her lately and with the war coming. She was scared of losing her or die and regretting not have spent more time with her. 

"You know what? Let's forget boys for a while and spend time together,"  she said with a little smile on her face. "C'mon, let's go in town," Feyre stood up, taking Eileánóir with her. 

They winnowed in the middle of Velaris. "What do you wanna do first?" Feyre asked. "We could go shopping first or eat if you're hungry," she suggested, trying to change her best friend's mind from her mate. 

"Let's go shopping first, I'm not hungry," Eileánóir said with a little smile. It's been a while since she went shopping with someone. In her world, she used to go shopping alone because she didn't have friends. She spent a lot of her time in libraries, browsing for news books she could like. She didn't really like shopping for clothes alone so she just didn't go until she really needed clothes and would buy the simplest one. It was surprising as she really liked fashion but not on her, thinking it would not go well on her. So she was a good friend to shop with, as she had a good fashion taste. 

Feyre dragged her in her favourite store which was exactly Eileánóir fashion style if she wanted to dress well. 

"Don't they have more... simple clothes?" She looked at Feyre. 

"Eil', I know you really like that style. So now, stop dressing like you're some kind of potatoes bag and go try on some clothes that you really like." 

Eileánóir sighed and took some clothes that caught her eye when she entered the shop. 

She got out of the dressing room with the first clothes she saw which were high waisted black jeans with a cream lace shirt where you could see some of her skin. 

"You need to buy these," Feyre said, looking at her best friend from head to toe. "I have some heels that would really go with this outfit. 

"I can't walk with heels, you know that," Eileánóir said. 

"You'll get used to it! Now try on that dress, I'm sure you'll be hot as hell in it," her best friend gave her a dark green dress, knowing it will bring out her red hair and her green eyes. 

Eileánóir made a face. "Are you sure? It's quite... short?" She looked at her best friend, unsure about the outfit and how her body will be in that dress. 

"Yes, I'm sure. Now go try it on!" Eileánóir sighed and went back to the dressing room. She put the former outfit back on the hanger then put the dress. She made a face as she saw her body. She didn't like it. How it looked as she was not the skinniest person now that she started eating again and now even more with the scars she had. 

"Everything okay in here? You're taking a lot of time," she heard Feyre at the other side of the curtain. Eileánóir felt the tear coming. She hated her body, she wanted to be as skinny as her best friend. Maybe if she stopped eating? 

She heard the curtain being open then saw Feyre's face. When her best friend saw her crying, she immediately entered the dressing room. "Hey, why are you crying?" she took her hands for Eileánóir to face her. 

"I hate myself," Eileánóir said, her voice cracking.  "I gained too much weight again and my scars disgust me."

Feyre took her in her arms. "Don't say that ever again. You know what I think, I've been telling you that you're beautiful since we know each other." She patted her back. "If you knew how many people who are crushing on you right now." 

"What do you mean?" she frowned as Feyre smiled. 

"C'mon. Helion, Azriel, Tarquin told me that he found you really beautiful too. I'm pretty sure Eris find you gorgeous too," Feyre said, a little smile on her face. She felt proud that her best friend could put men on their knees for her and maybe if she told her what men have been telling her, she would gain confidence and find herself beautiful at last. 

"You need a boost of confidence, let's buy that dress and go out tonight," Feyre said, going out of the dressing room so Eileánóir could change back in her clothes. 

"I'm not going out with that dress," the red-headed girl told her. 

"Yes you're going out with that dress and you're gonna make every man drop to their knees in front of you." She heard Eileánóir sigh before she got out of the dressing room, back in her own clothes with the two outfits in her hands. 

"C'mon let's go pay for all of that," Feyre pulled her to the cashier and tried to pay for her best friend but she refused, paying for herself. 

As they got out of the shop, Feyre looked at the time. "Now, we'll go to the house of the wind, no one is there at that time. We'll be able to dress for the night." 

30 minutes later, they were wearing dresses and Feyre was putting some makeup on her best friend. Only some mascara and lipstick, no foundation as she didn't want to hide her freckles which she found really cute. "What about red?" She showed a dark red lipstick to Eileánóir as her best friend shook her head. 

"I'm never wearing this, this is too much."

"C'mon, you're gonna break hearts like that," Feyre said, putting the red lipstick on Eil's lips. 

"Voilà!" Feyre smiled, admiring her work. "We're gonna have some fun." 

-------------------

Finally posting this chapter! I've been writing this for the past week but couldn't have inspiration on what to do. 

Guess the next chapter is gonna be a lil party! 

hope you enjoyed the chapter and thanks to all the people who voted and commented on my story :) Love you