Chapter 11

They had all returned to the Night Court after all the High Lords agreed to have a meeting soon. The attack had deeply shocked Tarquin but, as half of the Inner Circle has a blood ruby, they left as soon as possible letting Helion calm Tarquin. 

Eileánóir got out of the kitchen after she helped Cerridwen and Nuala. She stopped as she saw everyone in the living room, including Mor. The blonde girl gave her a death look while drinking her glass of wine. Eileánóir sighed and got out of the house. 

"Hey! Hey! Wait!" She heard someone say. She turned to see Cassian running after her. "I was going to train, wanna come with me?" He smiled at her. That wasn't really what he wanted to do right now but it would bring her far from Mor and would occupy her mind for some time.

She smiled but shook her head. "I'm going back to the Summer Court."

Cassian frowned. "What? No! Why?" 

"Tarquin is my friend and he needs people around him after that attack and I'm not welcomed here anyway." She turned and began to walk. 

"You're not gonna go to the Summer Court by foot, are you?" She turned when she heard his voice. Azriel. She hasn't noticed that he was here. He had a little smile that showed his dimples. He then looked at Cassian who nodded and went inside. The shadowsinger turned back to Eileánóir. 

"If you really want to go out of here, I can bring you to the cottage but the Summer Court is not safe," he said. 

She had a little sarcastic laugh. "From the latest news, I can kill people in a blink of an eye. You'll be safer without me, ask Mor. And I'm the hair in the soup here anyway," she said and walked but Azriel took her arm, holding her back. 

"Don't," he said. "I-We need you," he looked at her in the eyes. His burning gold eyes. She saw a flash of white shadow before her then a whisper that says that Mor was coming. Indeed, she saw her open the door. Her eyes were burning. Here we go again... she thought.

"What are you still doing here?" Mor asked, furious. Azriel arched a brow and looked at Mor then at Eileánóir. 

"I was on my way," she said but then looked at Mor. "What's your problem with me? Why did you ask me to leave?" She wanted the truth even if this would happen in front of Azriel. 

"Excuse me?" The shadowsinger said looking at Mor. "Did you ask her to leave for the Summer Court?" He turned to Eileánóir. "That's why you're leaving? Because she asked you to?" 

He had his answer when Eileánóir lowered her head which made him turn to Mor, furious. "Are you out of your mind? Do you realize what you're becoming? I've known you for more than five hundred years and you've never been a bitch like that. She's done nothing to you!" Mor had never seen Azriel like this. He had never insulted her. She knew that he had loved her for a long time but she couldn't be with him. This girl, however, seemed interested in him. She couldn't let this happened. She knew that that girl will hurt Azriel. She felt so much guilt to have broken his heart, not showing any love interested in him for five hundred years; he couldn't have his heart broke, again by another girl. 

Rhys as well was outside now. He had asked Feyre to stay inside, that he would handle the situation knowing the real reason for these fights and why Azriel is so weird after the arrival of Eileánóir. 

"Eileánóir, please, go back inside and talk to Feyre," he looked at her and smiled gently then turned to Azriel. "We need to talk." Finally, he turned to Mor. "I'll talk to you later, try to calm down during that time." 

With the words of the High Lord, Eileánóir went to see Feyre, Mor sighed and went for a walk while Rhys and Azriel were looking at each other. "Follow me, we'll go to the mountains." He shot in the sky and the shadowsinger followed him. 

The flight was silent until they arrived at the forest in the mountains. Rhys landed and turned to Azriel. 

"Don't try to make up excuses on why you're acting strangely since you found her, I know she's your mate." He saw Azriel becoming white, wide-eyed. 

"How do you- Don't tell anyone! Don't tell her, please I-"

"I won't," he stopped him. "I know how hard it is when the other doesn't know," he said. "But you'll have to tell her someday. You can't spend eternity like that, not knowing if she could love you back." 

Azriel sighed. "I can't tell her. She doesn't like me and I think she won't spend more days with us with Mor acting like that around her." His jaw was clenched. 

"Listen," Rhys said, looking at his brother. "I'll try to calm Mor but we can't stay like that forever. With the war coming, it's the last thing we need right now, our family to be split up." He sighed. "She's Feyre's best friend and your mate so she's  family, but Mor too is family."

"I know... I'll... If I tell Mor, will she understand or hate her more?" Azriel said. 

"I don't know. I really don't know how she can react to this. But it's not her you have to tell," Rhys looked at him trying to convince the shadowsinger to confess to Eileánóir. 

Azriel shook his head. "Not now. I don't want her to feel forced to love me just because I'm her mate like Elain and Lucien."

"Fine, but then, win her heart quickly," he smiled to his shadowsinger. 

"I'll try," Azriel answered with a little smile. 

--------

I swear I love Mor but I needed to make her mean with Eileánóir 

Anyway, hope you liked this part!

Feel free to leave a comment, I'll be glad to answer you!