23. Miss World

"So will this fucked up system finally realize they've given my mother too many fucking chances?" I clenched my fists before releving the tension with a deep exhale. It was Kurt's idea to get away from the hosptial for a bit after the announcement was made that Erin would most likely live.

Stacey stayed back, along with June, Krist, and Dave to await any further news and to keep an eye on my mother. At first, I tried to fight the blonde frontman on it. I knew he just wanted to help me get some distraction in order to get my emotions cleared, but I didn't like being away from Erin.

We sat ourselves down on some abanded train tracks nearby the hospital, bathing in the glory of the remaning light the evening sun cast down upon us as it slowly faded away.

"I hope so." Kurt mumbled as he pulled me close, cradling me in his frail grip as he pressed a kiss to my cheek. I leaned my head on his shoulder, feeling the lack of sleep catch up to me. My eyelids opened and closed slowly a few times before I grew so tried they stayed shut, and I lacked the will or energy to peel them apart to see the world again. "Hedi?"

His calling of my name pulled me out of my state, but I didn't bother to open up my eyes. I remained still, preparing to fall asleep at any moment. The soft breeze blowing by was to me like a soft lullaby being sung. "Yeah?"

"Have you ever wanted to do that?" I could sense his voice becoming shaky with fear, along with the flick of a cigerette lighter. "Yknow.."

"You mean kill myself?" He didn't respond my request for comfromation, so I figured he either went silent or nodded. Either way, I suppose I got the messge. "I'd be lying if I said no Kurt. But don't we all wish we were dead at one point in our lives or another?"

"I guess." He replied quietly, his grip on me noticibly tightning. "I couldn't imagine dealing with what you and Erin have."

"You didn't have the easiest life either, Cobain." I stated plainly, my lips turning into a frown. At that point, I drifted off to sleep.

We arrived back at the hospital about an hour later, greeted to the familar faces of our friends aiming to offer comfort. Stacey met me in Erin's hosptial room, assuring me my mother had stepped out for a bit.

"Lets talk, Erin."