37. Seasons Go Round And Round

"What time is it?" Kurt grumbled as his eyes slowly opened. Outside, the dark sky fit in with the second hand anxiety felt by all of us. Cobain had been asleep on my shoulder for the past hour, only calming his nerves when Krist came out with an update. That was around one in the morning. It was just past two now but nothing else came from the Novoselics.

"Sweetie you should get some more rest." I whispered, leaving a small kiss on his forehead. I ran my fingers through his hair as he allowed a quiet yawn to escape his mouth. I looked around us; seeing Stacey and Dave fast asleep in eachothers arms. "It's two in the morning.."

"Mmkay." He responded before getting himself comfortable on my shoulder again. He ran his fingers up and down my arm in a comforting manner, causing me to smile slightly. His hand connected with mine, and his middle finger rested on my engagement ring. "Hedi?"

"Yeah?" He lifted his head up so he was facing me, and from what I could see of his face he looked worried.

"Are you worried.. about June?"

"Somewhat." I answered honestly, resting my chin on my free hand while Kurt squeezed my connected hand. "She's gone through this pregnancy without any serious complications though hun."

"I know that." He replied, acknowledging the realistic possibility that the outcome will be positive. However, it's not absurd that all of us were on edge throughout these nine months.

"You wanna go for a walk outside? Maybe a cigerette or two will calm you down." I suggested.

"I wanna stay in here in case there's any changes." He answered. "Besides, it's a little late for comfort. There's some real creeps out there and I don't want anything happening to you."

"You see these high heels? One kick to the balls and they'd be dine for. Trust me, I can hold my own."

"Yeahhh I know." He smiled before kissing me, letting out a happy sigh before connecting my lips with his again. "You just get hotter by the second."

"We're in public Kurt." I giggled quietly, feeling my cheeks heat up. However, Krist's excited voice intrupted the moment.

"I'm offically a dad!" The bass player exclaimed with excitment. We all instantly stood up and walked his way. "It's a little girl. We called her Joan Hedi Novoselic. As a way to honour your friendship, June wanted your name to be apart of our daughters."

"That's so sweet." I couldn't help but smile like an idiot, barley able to contain my tears of joy. "Thank you guys."

"Hey June." I carefully hugged my best friend, smiling watching Kurt hold the little baby. "How'd it go?"

"Really good actully." I sat down on her bed, softly holding her hand. "I guess Krist told you about the suprise middle name?"

"It means alot to me." I told her. "Thank you."

"Of course Hedi. You've done so much for me and I want little Joan to wear that name as a badge of honour. And before you ask, yes I named her after Joan Jett."

"I remember having a runways poster as a teenager. You pivked some great women to name that lucky girl after." I winked humoerusly before laying back so I was closer to her. "I'm glad you're okay June. We were worried about you."

"I'm sorry for making you worried. I was just so scared that.. yknow."

"Yeah." I sighed heavily. "I get it."

"Do you wanna hold her?" Krist asked, turning towards me so I could see the smilng newborn.

"Uh.. I don't know. I haven't held one in awhile." I confessed, somewhat embarassed.

"Hey." Kurt pulled me aside, giving Stacey another oppertunity to hold the child. "What're you worried about?"

"I'm not very maternal. On top of that I'm a clumpsy bitch. I don't wanna drop the poor thing." I told him ashamlly.

"Hedi. Don't worry. You won't drop the baby." He gave me a comforting kiss on the forehead before connecting hands with me. We approached Krist, who had just taken back the baby from Stacey.

I held out my arms, carefully craddling the small child in my arms. "I think she likes me."

"I think so too." Kurt said quietly from beside me. I looked down at little Joan, my heart melting when we made eye contact. Her fingers wrapped around mine, squeezing softly.

"She's so cute." I softly said, carefully tapping her nose causing her to erupt into giggles.