57. Home Sweet Home

"Stacey, please eat something." Janet, her mother, despratly pleaded.  Janet seems to be taking it the worst (Dave is a close second) and ever since we got back home she's been trying damn near everything to get Stacey to eat SOMETHING. "And you too Hedi."

"I'm good." I mumbled, shoving my hands in my pocket, relived to find I still had a few cigerettes left. I put one in my mouth, standing up off the couch and heading toward the door. "I'll be right back."

"No..Hedi!" Stacey weakly called after me in a panicked voice. "Please stay."

"One less cigerette won't hurt you." Janet tilted her glasses downwards, giving me an unimpressed look. She was always a goody two shoes, or at least claimed to be such.

"I'm so tired." Stacey complained, resting her hand on her forehead. She sighed, fiddling her spoon around the soup a few times. "Can I just go to bed?"

"After you eat." Janet replied. Stacey shook her head slightly, though she managed a few bites.

"Hey Stace, you got gingerale?" I questioned. "Stomachs still upset."

"Yeah." She answered, pointing to the fridge.

"You pregnant or something girl?" Janet jokingly asked, but as soom as she saw the breif panic in my voice her expression changed. "I'm just giving you a hard time."

"Well thanks. I appriciate it." I pulled out one of the cans, slowly taking sips of it. "It's only been a few days and I'm already sick of whatever is wrong with me."

"Hedi maybe you should take a test." Stacey suggested. "Better to be safe then sorry."

"Oh cmon.. YOU too? June was already on my case about it." I reminded her.

Stacey opened up her mouth to respond, but the open swing of the front door stopped her sentance in it's tracks.

Dave stepped in first. "Hey. How're you feeling?" He asked Stacey, instantly frowning as he saw her uneaten soup. "Babe you promised me you'd eat. It's been days. This isn't healthy."

"Yeah neither is cancer." She pointed out. "Look Dave I'm sorry. I'm not feeling well and I'm tired, okay? I'm just tired."

"Well that makes both of us." I said. "I can help you to your bedroom Stacey."

"No.. I can go myself."

"Goodness no." Janet added in.

"Can we at least talk something over first?" Dave asked, and she reluctantly nodded. "We post poned the tour dates. Got that all sorted out." Dave informed her. "Because I don't wanna miss any time with you."

His voice began to fade as I could feel the room spin a bit. I sat back down, placing my head in my hands. I exhaled deeply, attempting to make it through whatever sensation this was.

"Earth to Hedi!" I suddenly tuned back in, noticing Kurt was behind me. He kissed the top of my head. "Everything okay? You seemed a little out of it there."

"Yeah sorry."

"I don't know hun, you look pretty pale." Janet said. "Here, I'll get you a glass of water."

I morphed my face into an uncomfortable expression. Kurt rubbed my back a bit before sitting in the chair next to me. "You okay?"

I nodded. "I'm fine babe. Probobly just need a cigerette."

"No way." Janet scolded, setting the glass of water infront of me. "Drink up."

"Where's June?" Stacey asked, peeling a peice of dead skin off her finger.

"Feeding Joan in the truck. Why?" Kurt replied, wrapping his arm around my shoulders and kissing the top of my head again.

"Just wondering." She explained before turning back to Dave again.

---
The next thing I remember was waking up in one of their spare rooms. I didn't know what time it was, but it had to be sometime in the evening judging by the colour of the sky. "Ugh.."

"So you're awake." Kurt's voice startled me a bit. I flipped my body over, and there he was.

"Did I faint or something? How did I get in here?"

"You looked like you were about to. So I carried you in here." He explained. "You fell asleep in my arms."

"Oh." I sighed quietly, burrying my head in his chest. "I don't remember that."

"Everyone's outside." Kurt began, rumaging through his pocket until he got his hands on one of his cigerettes. "You want one?"

"YES PLEASE!" I shouted out much too loud. He chuckled before placing it in between my lips and lighting it for me. "You're the best."

"I know." He smirked a bit, placing a small kiss on my cheek. "I love you."

"I love you more." I blew out a cloud of smoke, basking in the glory that was the feeling it gave me.

"Impossible." He challenged, leaving a few soft kisses on my lips.

"Mmm... very possible." I told him, running my fingers through his hair. "Shall we get up?"

"I guess so." Kurt shrugged, sitting himself up before helping me do the same. "Feeling better?"

"A little." I muttered, taking another puff off my cigerette. "Kurt..um.."

"Yeah?"

"N..nevermind. It's nothing."

"No baby. Tell me. What's wrong?" He pushed a stray peice of hair out of my face, leaving his hand placed on my cheek.

"Forget I said anything." I backed away from him, making my way toward the back door where everyone currently was.

"Wait!" Kurt pleaded as he sped up to chase after me. "Are you mad at me?"

"No." I answered simply. "Why would I be?"

"I don't know." He told me honestly.

I turned the knob of the door, holding it open so he could come along behind me. "Hey guys!" I greeted, walking over to the small campfire Dave had apparently started.

"You're awake!" June chirped up. "Cmere ya'll! She patted the chair next to her, signalling for either Kurt or I to sit there.

"Hey Junie." Kurt grinned, sitting next to her and pulling me down onto his lap.

"You feelin better?" June looked at me sympethically.

"Not bad." I told her. I reached over to tap her on her shoulder again, but I didn't get a chance due to Dave tapping his glass with a fork to get our attention.

"Stacey and I have an announcement to make!" Dave began, holding on tightly to my best friends hand. He became very obviously emotional, evidenced by his teary eyes and his hard swallow. "We're getting married...this weekend. I know that we were supposed to wait but..nothings guaranteed and I don't wanna waste anymore time until I'm offically her husband!"