40. Whirlwind

1993
"My god Hedi. Already? It's not even nine oclock!" June remarked. I let out a frustrated sigh as I slammed the vodkla bottle down on the counter. June frowned, crossing her arms as she began debating with herself whether or not to snatch away the bottle.

"Leave me alone." I suddenly snapped, quickly picking up the bottle and making my way to the living room. "Kurt's still asleep but I'll let him know you were here."

"Why won't you tell me what's wrong?" She asked. I sat myself down on the couch before taking another big sip of the bottled alchohol. "Hedi cmon I know something's bugging you."

"My mom mailed this today." I blurted out suddenly, completing ot with an opened envolope that contained the letter I just read. "She heard about Kurt and I getting married and for some reason she felt the need to try to ruin my life again!" God fucking damnit everytime I'm happy about anything she has to come and shit all over it."

"I'm sorry Hedi... I don't... I don't know what to say." June wrapped her arms around me and laid her head on my shoulder. "Try not to let her get to you okay? You and Kurt love eachother. Don't let her tell you what to do with your life."

"I'm just gonna burn this. Please June whatever you do please don't tell Kurt about this, okay?" I pleaded, throwing the letter out the window toward the firepit. "He's behind me isn't he?"

"So what are we not telling Kurt?" The blonde haired man rested his elbow agaisnt the wall and his palm on his cheek. "Everything okay with you two?"

"I just came over to drop off some old polorids I found of us. I left them on the kitchen counter." June explained. "I should go though and let you two chat. Call me later Hedi."

She left after that, being sure to hug me goodbye first. I understood she was still a freshly new mother, but I was hoping she'd be able to stick around longer, escpiaclly with all the explaining I owed Cobain.

"It's just my mother again." I told him, trying my best to do so without letting all the details of the insults thrown at him slip. Kurt was the last person in the world I would wanna hurt. "She has some.. objections to us getting married. She's also pissed about the fact that she didn't find out through me. Got the lovely letter this morning."

"Oh.." he stared down at his feet before he pulled me into a warm embrace. "I'm really sorry Hedi. Maybe I shouldn't have been so public about the propsel. Maybe then she wouldn't have found out?"

"It's not your fault sweetie." I kissed his lips before resting my head on his chest. "I just didn't wanna tell you because I didn't want you to get hurt."

"I'm tough as nails babe I can handle anything. Don't ever think you have to keep things from me. If you have a problem I'm righr here, okay?"

"Okay." I whispered before giving him a small kiss on the lips. "I'm still burning that letter though."