9. Beat Me Outta Me

"Kurt..." I answered the phone in a groggy voice, looking over to my alarm clock, noticing the big green letters read three in the morning. "Kurt it's three in the morning is this some kinda joke or booty call?"

"No no." He replied frantically, letting out a panicked exhale. "June is in the hospital and--."

I sat up abruptly, cutting him off instantly. "Well what the fuck happend is she okay?"

"They don't know what's wrong. Krist is a mess and Dave won't answer the phone. Please come." He begged from the other end, causing me to rub my hand over my face and I dropped my head down.

"Okay okay. I'll be there as soon as I can. Just try to hang in there okay?"

"I'll try." He muttered in response with little hope in his voice. "I'm just so fucking scared."

"I know. Me too just try to stay calm..." I told him as I knocked my fist against Stacey's door. When she opened it, she raised her arms and gave me a confused look. "Just hang in there. For Krist."

I hung up the phone after that, clinging my hand to Stacey's wrist. "June's in the hospital. C'mon get dressed."

"DO THEY KNOW WHAT'S WRONG?" She screamed with pericing anxiety as she scrambled to find herself clothles to wear. "HEDI?"

"No not yet." I explained as I threw my hair into a messy bun in order to look somewhat presentable. " Can you call Dave when we get there?"

"Sure." She replied, stretching her arms and letting out a loud yawn.

The car ride there was silent. My stomach did a million flips thinking about all the possibilities, yet one memory from yesterday stuck out. The on again off again pain June was in, even though she was assuring everyone she felt fine but it was obvious that was a lie. At least Krist drove home that night. During that time she did nothing but sleep, and apparently she still felt drozy when they arrived back home.

We arrived at the hospital shortly after. I noticed Kurt sitting on a nearby chair, visibly nervous. The next hallway over I noticed Krist pacing himself.

"I'm gonna go check on Krist and then call Dave." Stacey informed me as she put a hand on my shoulder, pausing whatever she was planning to do next. "You gonna be okay?"

"Yeah." I answered her and nervously twiddled my thumbs. " Just get Dave here, okay?"

The blonde nodded as she walked off to the other man, doing her best to comfort him. I turned on my heels and quickly sped over to a now half asleep Kurt.

"Kurt wake up it's Hedi." I sat down next to him as he allowed his eyes to open and set their gaze upon me.

"You heard anything yet?" He asked as he rested his hand on his chin and looked me down desperately.

I shook my head no. "Where's June?"

Kurt looked down as his feet, causing my heart rate to ignite at an anxiety provoking speed. "She's in surgery. Ectopic pregnancy. Fallopian tube burst."

"Jesus." I squeezed his hand for emotional release, with thoughts rushing about some that I considered my friend could be dying at this very moment and I can't do a single thing about it. "Stacey is over there with Krist, she's gonna try to get ahold of Dave again."

"Okay." Kurt gave a nervous smile and then let out a heavy sigh. "It helps to have you here." He opened his mouth to say something else, but deflected. In other words, closed it and went silent, creating a temporary moment of akward silence.

"June's tough Kurt." I said softly as I traced different shapes on his chest with my finger. "She'll pull through."

"I got ahold of Dave. He's on his way now." Stacey said as she came into the room with Krist in tow. "The man could sleep through a robbery."