13. Aftermath

June:
I left Hedi and Stacey's shared house bearing an envelope in my hands that held the money Kurt had lent to the black haired beauty. Reportedly, Hedi was insisting on paying him back even after Cobain said he didn't need or want it. Good god those two just need to get together already.

"Hey Kurt. This is for you." I told him and handed him the envelope. I stumbled over my next sentence, it was clear I was reluctant to bring up her name-- more so the night of the little incident. "Hedi told me to give it to you. It's the part of the bail money you pitched in."

"Thanks but I don't need it. Really its fine." He waved the whole thing off, setting the envelope carefully on his kitchen table.

"Jesus man is there something you need to talk about?" I asked, trying to slip in a small giggle but his dreading frown showed that unlike other times not even my jittery enthusiasm could make him crack a smile. "Kurt..."

He shook his head, slouching his elbows on the table and taking drags from a cigerette balanced between his fingers. "I'm okay, June."

I crossed my arms over my chest, slightly tilting my head and leaning my back against the wall. "So, you must think I'm stupid then."

"What?! No!"

"I know you better then you know your darn self hun." I said softly and proceeded to sit next to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he became submissive to his emotions; pushing his lips down into a frown.

"You wouldn't understand." He turned away from me abruptly, causing me to let out a sad sigh. I hated when he got like this. It made me feel useless.

"Oh you're right Kurt I wouldn't understand. Call me when you're done being in a mood." I let out a sigh as I became increasingly annoyed, setting my sights towards the door before he stopped me.

"At least Krist didn't--- nevermind." Kurt rested his chin on his hand. I turned back to him, confused as to what action he was referring to that Krist was supposedly innocent of. "You guys were together ever since you were fourteen. You just went for it. So what am I doing wrong? Why doesn't Hedi.. wanna be with me?"

"Oh. So this is what it's about." I nodded, biting my lip to occupy the time where I had absolutely nothing to say until a half assed sentence popped into my head. "You know Hedi can be.. kinda tough. She's a really private person. Protective of her feelings."

"Well I think she's amazing." His words honestly made me smile a bit. "I just don't get it.. was the sex bad or something?"

"YOU TWO HAD SEX?!"

"Twice." He shook his head slightly before resting it on the table.

"When and where did this happen?"

"You don't wanna know."

"KURT YOU PROMISED YOU'D STOP HAVING SEX IN MY HOUSE!"

"STOP TRYING TO CHANGE ME!"

"Okay calming down." I told him trying to sound as motherly as my little gift would let me. "Like I was saying..." I trailed off and leaned my head against the wall. "She's a bit misunderstood. Little on the wild side, yknow?"

"Like I was saying." He paused and took a long drag of his cigerette, glancing back at me. "I think she's amazing."

"Not doubting that." I mumbled, letting out a frustrated sigh, signalling I'm at the end of my ropes as far as suggestions go. "Have you tried telling her how you feel?"

"Mhm." He nodded tiredly. "She doesn't wanna talk about any of that shit. Not even the times where we almost kissed let alone the times we fucked."

"Remember back in high school when Krist was head over heels for me? We had music class together and he slipped a little love note into my flute case." I smiled at the memory of the first time I read his hand writing, and although the note was srained with grape soda, it still meant alot to me. "Why don't you do something like that? It's a hit or miss idea, but I'll make sure she reads it."

"You're a fucking genius." Kurt stood up and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

----
I sat across from Kurt on his basement floor. A peice of lined paper was placed in-between us; a freshly sharpened pencil laid on top of it, matching up with its red lines. "So what are your favourite things about Hedi?"

"Well she's the best fuck I've ever had for starters. Seriously that woman is great at---."

I cut him off before he would go into detail. "Kurt I'm being serious. Get your mind out the gutter Cobain."

"Okay okay." He stared at the ceiling for what felt like forever but in reality was about ten seconds. "She's... badass.. independent... beautiful..." He chewed on his finger before his mind brought him to his next compliment. "Resilient, strong, thrilling to be around."

"Kurt can I ask you a question?" The paper in question that I had handed over to him held the draft of the note that he was to give to her.

He looked it over, nodded and then took the pencil in his own hand and began writing on a fresh peice of paper. "Yeah sure."

"Are you in love with her?" I abruptly asked him, resting my head on the floor as I watched his eyes glide along the lettering that described his eternal feeling of attraction to her.

He furrowed his brows as he stopped writing. "Maybe. What's it to ya?"

"I've never seen you so.. fascinated with somebody before. It would make alot a sense I mean... she is alot like you. It's like someone created you two for eachother.

"Like some sort of higher power? Or just cupid?" He snickered and I playfully hit his shoulder. "You and Krist were created for eachother that's for sure." He continued writing again, pausing every once in awhile to come up with words to fill in the gaps.

"How's the letter coming?" I peaked my eyes at the now finished love letter. "I'll be sure she gets it."