6 - The Kiss

"If you open another bottle I will do something stupid", and I can't risk that Emily thought after responding to JJ. She can't get drunk enough do allow her to do something stupid, not in front of JJ, not with JJ. The worst part of liking her was the logistics, she can't date someone under her in the line of work. And besides, JJ lost her husband?, boyfriend?, baby daddy?, only four years ago, she probably doesn't even want to date while Henry is still young, she thought.

"Yeah, maybe stupid should be saved for another day" JJ laughs, but stops quickly, looking down and thinking about what stupid thing she definitely wants to do. She hears her phone go off in the kitchen, she gets up and walks to see what it is. She laughs and hears Emily coming towards her.

"What's funny?" she asks the blonde.

"Penelope sent me a picture of Henry with ice cream all over his face" she replies, turning the phone around so Emily can see. She smiles, and looks at JJ's happy face, as she continues to smile at her son. Screw it. She leans forward and puts her hand on JJ's wrist, pushing the phone down. JJ looks up at her, slightly confused, Emily took a step closer and met her lips with JJ's.

JJ lowers her phone and looks up at Emily. She feels Emily's lips connect with hers, and leans into the kiss. They pull apart and just stare at eachother, not knowing what to say, what to do. Suddenly it dawned on JJ, she steps back and puts her head in her hands.

Emily felt terrible, JJ was upset, "JJ I'm.. I'm sorry I.. I'll go." she says as she turned to leave.

"No!" JJ calls back, "don't leave, don't apologize" she walks over to Emily, who had turned back around. "Emily, you're my boss, we .. this .. it can't happen"

"I know," she looks down, then back up at JJ, "it's your decision, but I've never really been one to follow rules"

JJ smiles, Emily smiles back.

------

"Thank you," JJ says to the server before turning back to Emily, "I don't think I have had an actual breakfast in like 3 years" she laughs, as most of her mornings are spent making breakfast for Henry and ending up only having time for coffee.

Emily smiles, taking a sip of her coffee.

"Well I'm glad I get to be a part of your first real breakfast in 3 years" she jokes.

"So we have the weekend, what do you want to do?" JJ asks.

"Is there any places a new occupant of Virginia should visit?" Emily asks in a playful manner.

"I could show you around to some places" JJ suggests.

"Let's do it"

------

JJ pulls Emily down a short street, that was very secluded.

"Are you gonna kill me?" she asks.

JJ smiles and pulls Emily closer to her, their lips meet and Emily begins stepping backwards, pinning JJ against the brick wall of some building. JJ's hands release from Emily's face and she brings them down to her hips. Emily continues to deepen the kiss, pulling JJ's face closer and closer even though they are already as close as possible. It seems like forever, but neither one wants to pull away, the feeling of kissing taking over every part of their brains. They hear a soft cough, and some shuffling. It had begin to get dark, so they were slightly worried. They pull apart and Emily steps back as JJ leans off the wall. They take a couple of steps towards the sound, and caught a glimpse of a homeless guy, probably getting off to them kissing. They left rather quickly.

"Ok maybe that side street isn't the greatest place" JJ confesses as they walked towards JJ's car a couple blocks over.

"People suck, but it was fun while it lasted" Emily replies.

They drive back to the apartment building and decided to attempt to cook. By the end of it they had a messy kitchen and pizza box on JJ's island.

"This is proof that nothing I taught Kai matters because she's good at everything I suck at" Emily laughs.

"But she's never cooked while half drunk so I'd say we did decent."

"Decent? I don't think I ever want to put that in my mouth again." Emily says referring to the failed dish sitting on the countertop behind JJ. She laughs, and took another bite of her pizza.

"She always liked cooking?" JJ asks.

"Pretty much, before we moved to the states, we lived with who I like to consider my surrogate mother. She worked for my mother, and was basically the one who raised me. Took me to school, stuff like that. So when I got pregnant, she got fired because she "didn't do her job" but she let me stay with her, she helped me with Kai. She cooked with Kai, which really was just her sitting on the counter playing with flour, but that's definitely where her love for cooking came from." Emily explains.

"Aww that's sweet, what's her name?"

"Bailey. I actually named Kai after her, but she wanted to go by Kai when she got older."

------

JJ leans against the counter as they concluded cleaning up the kitchen. She brushes her hair out of her face as Emily throws out the last small piece of trash. She steps towards the blonde, standing with JJ's feet in between her own. She puts her finger under JJ's chin slightly raising her face as she was shorter than the brunette, she softly kisses her lips. Different than their kiss in the side street earlier in the day, slow and calm. JJ begins to deepen the kiss, making it more fierce and rowdy. Emily lifts her up on the counter and steps closer, JJ wraps her legs around Emily's torso. She trails kisses down JJ's cheek and neck, she leans her head back giving more access to Emily. She closes her eyes as Emily begins to suck on her neck, making a hickey that JJ knows she'll have to cover up come Monday. She pulls Emily's lips off her neck and back over to her lips, leaning into her. Emily wraps her arms around JJ's waist, she lifts her off the counter, continuing to kiss her, she walks down half the hall, and pushes JJ up against another wall, slowly releasing her grip as JJ's legs unwrap from her sides. JJ pulls away as she stands and grabs Emily's hand, dragging her to her bedroom. As soon as they enter the room Emily lifts JJ's shirt up and over her head, JJ doing the same right after. JJ pulls Emily back into a kiss as they fall onto the bed behind them.

------

The sun shines into the bedroom, it makes the numerous pieces of clothing on the floor from the previous night easy to see. Emily stirs, she opens her eyes to be met with a bundle of blonde hair in her face, she recalls the past night, licking her lip and biting it. She slightly scoots back, she leans up on her right arm and looks down at JJ. She brushes JJ's hair out of her face and gently kisses her cheek. She slowly gets out of bed and find a flannel button up sitting on a chair. She puts it on over her completely bare torso and underwear. She walks out to the kitchen to make breakfast.

--

JJ stirs as Emily walks back in with a small tray.

"You know I can cook, yesterday was just a bad example" she states as she places the tray on the table next to the bed and climbing back in with JJ. She sits up, and Emily puts the tray down between them, it holds scrambled eggs and cut up strawberries.

JJ picks up a fork while saying, "I was thinking leftover pizza for breakfast."

Emily laughs causing JJ to chuckle. Emily leans over and kisses JJ right after she puts a strawberry in her mouth.

"Is this the definition of strawberry kisses?" Emily asks jokingly.

"Thank you"

"For what?" Emily asks.

"Breakfast"

"Ah, well how 'bout we agree you owe me one?" she suggests.

JJ smiles, "deal, and I'm never gonna get that shirt back, am I?", she lifts the tray off the bed and places it on the side table and turns back to Emily.

A/N  I really like how this chapter turned out