2 - Carpool

*Two weeks later*

"Kai, you ready?" Emily calls out from the kitchen of her new apartment.

"Yeah" she replies, walking out of her bedroom.

Emily tosses her daughter car keys, "I'm going to get my license renewed tomorrow, do you want to come with me to switch yours to a Virginia one?"

They walk out of the door and Emily turns to lock the door.

"I can keep the Seattle one, I think I have to get it renewed in like a year or something. I'll do it then." Kai responds, Emily nods and they made their way to the elevators. "Oh, Nat asked me if I wanted to come with her to an opening of a new book store downtown, can I go? After class, obviously"

"Today?"

"Yeah"

"Sure, just don't stay out too late."

--

"Henry your backpack" JJ says, pointing to the bag on the floor next to her son. He picks it up and they finally get out of the door, and to the elevators.

"Momma?" Henry says looking up.

"Yes"

"Am I going to Penelope's house today?" He asks very enthusiastically.

"No buddy, next Friday" JJ responds, ruffling his hair.

"Hold the elevator" she calls out, and sees an arm stick out to open the door back up. She walks closer and sees Emily standing there, she and Henry get in.

"Morning JJ" Emily says, and JJ responds back with the same thing.

"Henry, this is Emily. She works with mommy" JJ says, directing Henry's attention to Emily.

"Like Penelope?" He asks

"Yeah, can you say hi?"

"Hi" Henry says, waving his little hand. Emily laughs at the young boy's reaction before turning back to JJ and introducing her daughter.

"Kai, JJ. JJ, Kai"

"Nice to meet you" they both say at the same time, causing Emily to laugh once again.

They elevator doors open back up and all of them step out going in their own directions. JJ put Henry in his car seat and drove to his school. Emily said bye to her daughter before she got in her car to drive to campus for her classes, and Emily drove directly to the BAU. JJ sits down at her desk across from Spencer who is fiddling with a Rubik's Cube, and looks at the files on her desk, beginning the work she had to complete for the day.

Most of the team had finished their paperwork by lunch and decided to all eat together in the round table room.

"So, Emily..." Luke starts, the others already nodding their heads no while looking down because they know whatever he is going to say is going to be silly, "What?" he says realizing everyone's heads.

JJ puts her hands up, palms out, " nothing, just seems like you're gonna say something-"

"Dumb" Spencer completes JJ sentence, making fun of Luke because of there on going prank war.

"You're a genius and can't think of a better word" Tara points out.

"I'm still curious about what you were going to say to me, Alvez" Emily says, clearly watching the team getting sidetracked.

"Well I was just going to ask you how you're liking Virginia but I guess no one thinks I have normal conversations" He says looking around at everyone else in the room.