23 - Yes?

*4 Months Later*

"Last day of school" Emily says as Henry makes his way to the kitchen.

"And then summer!" He responds, scooping scrambled eggs into his mouth.

"And then you'll be in 1st grade! You and all the other big 6 year olds." Kai says, emphasizing 6 because of Henry's recent birthday.

"Stop growing boy" JJ says, as she walks into the kitchen and ruffling Henry's hair.

"But I want to get bigger momma" Henry pleads.

"Yeah momma" Kai mocks playfully, making Emily laugh.

--

The last day of school landed on a Friday when Penelope was to be taking Henry for the weekend. JJ wanted to postpone until the next weekend but Henry was adamant about going, especially because since moving in to the house he hasn't had weekends with Penelope as often. JJ and Emily came home to an empty house as Penelope had gotten off work before they had and already came to pick up Henry after Kai picked him up from school, because she has finished classes the week prior. She left to hang out with Nat right after Penelope and Henry left.

"Is Kai coming back for dinner or staying at Nat's?" JJ asks.

"She didn't tell me, I say we order food either way" Emily says for two reasons, one, she did not want to cook, and two, she may have told Kai to not come home tonight.

"Definitely, Indian? Oh or how 'bout Thai?" JJ suggests.

"I'd be fine with either" Emily says, "can you order my normal for whatever you choose. I'm going to take a shower"

"Sure" JJ responds, Emily walks to her, giving her a quick kiss before heading up the stairs to shower.

-

Emily steps out of the shower and puts on some comfortable clothes, she drops her work clothes in the laundry basket, and sees that JJ had come up to change as well. She hears the doorbell ring and makes her way downstairs. JJ brings two plates to the island and she and Emily sit down to eat.

---

"I'm surprised Kai isn't back yet" JJ says, taking another bite of her food.

"I bet she's staying the night at Nat's, I'll call her" Emily grabs her phone off the counter and calls Kai.

"Hey mom"

"Hey, JJ and I were just wondering when you're coming home" Emily says, hoping that it was clear enough to Kai that JJ could probably hear her through the phone, and to not say anything suspicious.

"I am actually at Spencer's, I was thinking I could just stay. It's late I don't want to drive all the way home" Kai answers.

"Ok, can you give the phone to him" Emily asks, she had expected Kai to stay at Nat's but she guesses that Kai changed her mind.

"Hi Emily" Spencer's voice rang through the phone.

"I'm 34, I do not want to be a grandmother" she states bluntly.

"Understood" Spencer replays, just ask scared as he was when Emily murder threat happened.

Emily hands up and places her phone back down.

JJ looks down, laughing and nodding her head 'no', "you just love threatening him, don't you"

"I know he wouldn't hurt her, it's just fun" Emily explains.

"You do realize who terrified of 'Mom Emily' he is, right?" Emily nods.

"Hey, remember that first night we had. And the next morning how I made us breakfast."

"Yeahh?" JJ says, dragging out the 'h', wondering what Emily point is.

"Well from what I recall, we agreed that you owed me one"

"I remember that" JJ says.

Emily puts her hand into her pocket and stands up, "well JJ, you owe me 'til death do us part" she lowers down to one knee infront of JJ's tall bar stool.

JJ hops off the chair, "Em" she says quietly as Emily opens the small black box in her hands to show off the most beautiful ring JJ could ever imagine. No words can escape JJ's lips, instead she drops to Emily's level and grabs her face, pulling her in for a kiss. The momentum of JJ's kids pushes Emily other knee down. When the pull apart both of them are kneeling on the ground.

"I'm going to take that as a yes?" Emily says.

"Yes, yes Emily. Oh my god, yes." JJ says. Emily kisses her again. They stand up and Emily slide the ring onto JJ's finger.

----

Emily slowly wakes up, she looks around her bedroom, all the discarded clothes laying in random spots. She turns over to face JJ who is wide awake, perched up on a couple pillows admiring the ring in her finger. Emily moves her head to right next to JJ's, grabbing onto her left hand.

"It's so beautiful Em" JJ says.

"Those stones surrounding the diamond are actually our birthstones" Emily explains, "Kai helped me design it, she suggested it"

"Is it possible to love you anymore than I already do" JJ says, turning her head and kissing Emily's cheek and then her lips.

---
*Sunday*

Emily is making lunch, as JJ walks down the stairs with wet hair.

"Penelope is joining us for dinner right?" She asks.

"Yeah, that what we had planned, why?" Emily asks.

"I guess I'll be taking this off while she's here" JJ says, holding up her hand.

"You don't want to tell them?"

"I don't know, what do you think?"

"I say you wear it on Monday," Emily walks over to JJ, wrapping her arms around her waist, "and we see who notices it first"

A/N Thanks to that one person on Jemily story like 6 months ago who basically helped me perfect the dialogue for the proposal. 

Thx to LuluKinne08

I'd also like to clarify that after my last comment they did say yes to me using it in my story