26 - Gone

Emily slowly opens the front door, walking in and taking off her shoes. She hears the quiet muffle of JJ talking in the kitchen, she walks over, catching the end of the conversation before JJ turns around.

"Your dad?" Emily asks, as JJ had ended the call with 'love you too', "I mean it better be, if your telling them you love 'em" she jokes

"Yeah, the house is sold and he's going to start his drive in the morning." JJ informs, walking over to hug Emily, "how was it?"

"Good actually, she's changed a lot. In a good way." Emily explains.

They go up to bed and Emily relives the night, telling JJ what happened.

----

*Three days later, Tuesday*

"Can grandpa take me to camp today!?" Henry asks, running down the stairs quicker than his little legs could go, his upper body momentum taking the better of him as he falls forward on the third last step. Kai turns from the closet door at Henry's yelling, grabbing him right before he face plants into the hardwood floors. "I'm okay!"

"Yeah, now you are" Kai says as she places Henry down on his feet, "walk on the stairs"

"Scratch that, walk everywhere. Especially with socks" Emily says from where she watched the whole accident play out.

"Can grandpa take me to camp, mommy??" Henry asks, walking over to Emily fast but not quite running.

"I think that's an 'ask grandpa's question" she replied.

"I did, he said I had to ask you and momma"

Kai laughs, walking past the two and making her way to the kitchen to grab this has for her lunch.

"Henry, come eat" JJ calls from the kitchen.

"Can he?" He asks Emily as the walk to the kitchen.

"Can who, what?" JJ asks.

"Can grandpa take me to camp" Henry says almost annoyed at the fact he's had to repeat it three times.

"You should ask-"

"I already asked grandpa" he replies, shoveling cereal in his mouth.

Kai laughs at the tone change in Henry's voice. JJ looks over at her with a 'what?' kind of face.

"He almost fell off the stairs for this. Just thought you would have already heard everything"

"He almost fell?" Bob asks as he walks to the kitchen. He is staying at the house for a couple days until the small house he bought is ready to be moved into.

Kai continues to laugh as she says her goodbyes and leaving for her extra early shift at the bookstore.

----

"His type is blondes" Rossi points out.

"Yep" JJ confirms, "I wonder with one of us woman is going undercover" she slightly jokes.

"I'm sure we could get another agent if you don't want to" Tara points out, looking over at Emily for confirmation that that could happen.

"It would take too long, I'll do it" JJ says.

--

"Jayje?" Emily calls as she walks into the changeroom of the police precinct.

"Yeah?" She replies, slightly closing one of the locker doors where she was hanging her clothes. Emily looks her up and down, JJ is in a tight fit dress.

"I .. uh" Emily stutters, her thoughts blown out of her brain because of JJ, "um you ready?"

"Yes," JJ laughs at Emily's reaction to the dress, "but I think you should keep this tonight" she pulls off the engagement ring. Emily nods, holding out her hand to take it. JJ doesn't put it in her palm, instead she reaches for Emily's left hand and slips it on her ring finger.

"I guess that's a better place for it" Emily says.

"For now, I am sooo taking it back" JJ says, Emily laughs. She reaches around JJ waist and pulls her close to her, JJ wraps her arms around her neck.

She leans in but before their lips meet Tara comes into the changeroom.

"Oh... Sorry" she said stepping back a little, Emily and JJ move apart only holding hands. They assure Tara it's ok, and she says "We should get this started, it's almost time"

They walk out of the changeroom and head in their SUV's, down to the nightclub that the unsub has picked up all his other victims.

---

JJ walks up to the bar, she sits on a seat and looks at the very familiar looking bartender, "just a water please" she asks Rossi, who was posing as the bartender. She turns with the cup and looks for their suspect. JJ recalls the picture of his face that was on the computer screen at the police station.

"Heyy" she hears a voice next to her, she turns to see someone sitting in the seat next to her. Bullseye. She watches Rossi walk to the back of the bar, probably informing everyone else in and out of the club that they found him.

"Hey" JJ responds.

"How 'bout I get you a real drink, little lady" he suggests.

"What do you suggest?" JJ flirts. Emily cringes on the other end of the comms.

"I have some good stuff out back" he says.

"Do it, JJ. If we have him in the back alley we won't put anyone else in danger" she hears Emily through her ear piece.

JJ gets up and follows the unsub out the back entrance. Only when they make it there, it's not the door they are going through. JJ feels a sharp pain in her neck as she's pulled to the side of the club.

"Saw that gun on the bartender." He says, "You're not very good undercover"

He continues to talk but JJ can hear him, she can hear anything. Or see. Or walk. He entire body goes limp and she blacks out.

--

Emily, Luke, Matt and other agents are waiting in the back alley, hidden just enough. The wait for JJ but it's taking too long.

"JJ, are you coming to the alley?" Emily says into her comms.

Silence.

Even if JJ couldn't talk, she would turn her mic on for the quick second to respond. Something's wrong, she can feel it. Emily rushes out of the corner and into the club.

Matt and Luke follow after her, not knowing what it is she was trying to accomplish.

Emily turns down a quiet corner near the back entrance door, she pulls out her flashlight and sees JJ's FBI badge and an empty syringe.

"She's gone" Emily mumbles to herself.

A/N oh no... but like Henry falling down the stairs tho..