20 - Weekend

"Hey mom, the store called, the desk is ready to pick up. But I'll need some help" Kai says, walking into the kitchen to see a bunch of pieces scattered all around Emily and Luke, "nevermind, have fun. I'm gonna ask JJ to come with me"

Luke laughs.

"What?" Emily asks.

"Even she knows we won't be able to put this together" Luke says, dropping the instructions manual on the ground next to him.

"Oh come one, at least try to pretend that we can do this."

"Em, Sandra is going to drop off Henry soon." JJ says, popping her head into the kitchen on her way out, she chuckles at the sight, "ha, good luck". Luke laughs once again and Emily throws a nearby tissue box at him.

---

"Now we wait" Kai states. The store employee just said they'll go back and bring out the box.

"Yep.. actually," she says, getting an idea, "I think Emily and Luke might need a .. um.. specific tool that I may or may not have told them they needed"

"What did you do?" Kai asks curiously.

"Went through the instructions before they did and they need some sort of weird screwdriver" JJ explains.

"And you didn't tell them?" Kai laughs.

"Luke was being an ass on Thursday," she shrugs, "I'm going to go see if I can find it here" JJ says.

"If I've learnt one thing, it's that everyone on the team fights like children" Kai responds as JJ walks away.

----

Luke and Emily continue struggling to put together the table.

"You said JJ looked over all of the instructions, right?" Luke asks.

"Yeah, why?"

"We need another tool!"

Emily laughs.

"Ok I know I was laughing earlier but we have made absolutely no progress" Luke says.

"I'll call her she can get it on her way back" Emily says, just as she grabs her phone the door bell rings, "nevermind you call her"

She rushes to the door, opening it.

"Hey bud.." she says to Henry who runs right past her and up the stairs. She turns back to Sandra, "what happened?"

"Honestly I don't know. We were at the park and he and Jacob were playing with some other kids I recognize from their class. They were laughing and having fun, but then all of a sudden he climbs off the play structure and just comes and sits next to me on the bench. For about 15 minutes, I tried to ask what happened but he wouldn't talk"

"Oh,"Emily says turning her head back, even though she knows Henry is upstairs, she turns back, "thank you for at least taking him, I think he would have gone crazy here today"

"How's the building going?"

"NOT WELL" Luke yells from the other room, clearly being able to hear the conversation as the door wasn't far from the kitchen.

Sandra smiles as Emily shakes her head, "ignore him, he.. I don't know"

"Ok well I'll let you get back to that, Jacob's in the car" she said turning back, Emily looked out to see Jacob contently playing with a toy in the back seat with the window wide open.

"So, your girlfriend decided to be mean and not tell us about the extra tool" Luke tells Emily as she walks back to the kitchen area.

"Figure it out, I have to go up to Henry" Emily tells Luke.