19 - Jet Thoughts

Everyone made their way into the round table room, waiting on Emily and Penelope.

"How's the new house?" Tara asks.

"Good.. ish. Henry's scared of his room, and we have a lot of furniture to build this weekend as it gets shipped. But other than that, it's great" JJ says, sort of joking.

"If you need any help with the furniture, call." Luke offers.

"Thanks, but right now we have to get on this case" Emily says as she walks in, Penelope following behind.

"3 woman have gone missing over the last 36 hours, 12 hours between each report of the woman being missing" Garcia says as she brings the photos of the woman up on the board.

"Any connections between them?" Matt asks.

"Not on the surface, I haven't gotten a chance to dig deeper yet." Penelope says.

"The Seattle PD had been attempting to find the first lady but once the other two came through so quickly they knew they needed help. Wheels up in 20" Emily reports to the team. They all began getting ready to leave for the plane, before she steps out she turns back.

"Oh, and Spencer. I can make your murder look like an accident" Emily says intimidatingly.

"Understood" Spencer says after a couple of seconds of hesitation. Some of the other team members nod their head, laughing slightly after realizing what Emily meant.

Emily and JJ are the last ones to make their way to the elevator, everyone else is waiting for it to open. In the short walk from the glass doors to elevator JJ turns and says, "you really enjoyed scaring him didn't you?"

"Oh so much" Emily laughs.

----

By the end of the day everyone was exhausted, scattered on the plane. Luke  and Matt sitting infront of eachother at one of the two seater spots, Tara across from Matt, almost asleep. Spencer stretched across the two combined seats asleep, Rossi on the other side reading. JJ layed on the long bench seat, legs stretched laying, her head in Emily's lap. Emily sat straight up, lightly stroking JJ's hair, head tilted back staring at the curve ceiling of the jet. She thinks about the case, after they arrived other woman was taken. Race lines were crossed, none of the woman we're in similar lines of work, varying home lives, the only thing that was the same was they were all born the exact same year. They were stumped, until the first woman's body turned up, there was a distinct tattoo on her right arm. They looked through photos supplied by friends and family in hopes of a similar tattoo. And they found them, the ink on the first victim wasn't fresh, nearly a year by the coroner's estimate, it couldn't have been done by the unsub. Garcia dug deeper into their histories, they had all been part of a online group in their years of high-school. Part of the group was to get the tattoo, move to Seattle, and follow the rules that were given for the future. They had all been in super deep, following the rules like a religion. Through more online digging Garcia found a consistent factor between the four woman, one guy. Declan Murphy. They were glad to save three of the woman, and were hopeful that with mental help they could recover. But the part that Emily couldn't get out of her head, seeing someone she never thought she'd see again.

"Emily?"

Emily turned at the sound, recognizing the voice.

"Mother?" She says in disbelief, she hasn't seen or spoken to her mother in years, "what are you doing here?"

"I thought I may have witnessed something, I came in to give a statement. You're in the FBI?" She asks.

"Uh, guys continue," she said to her team, walking out of the room, guiding her mother to follow.

She walked to a room where family members normal wait.

"When did you move to Seattle? And are those jeans?" Emily asks, never having seen her mother in anything that wasn't custom made.

"I stepped out of my seat as an ambassador, moved here a couple of months ago to live like everyone else does." She replies, obviously refering to the fact that she didn't have all the luxuries of being a rich ambassador anymore, but instead living as any other person in the upper-middle class.

"You.. you should give your statement to someone, I'll send someone in. Just wait here" Emily says, wanting to get out of the room because she didn't know what to say. Elizabeth trys to stop her but ultimately let's her go.

Emily jolts back to reality when JJ shifts causing some of her hair falls into her face. Emily gently brushes the hair off her face and tucks it behind her ear, continuing to stroke her hair as she falls back to earlier that day.

The team packed up the files and evidence of the case, 3 successful saves is better than most of the time. Emily looks up to see a familiar face stroll back into the police station. She looks back down at the boxes, not wanting to confront her mother.

JJ walks over and bumps her shoulder, "if you don't talk to her, you might regret it"

"She had 20 years to talk to me" Emily responds.

"At least get her number, you might want to talk to her" JJ says, attempting to persuade Emily. She sighs and walks away from the boxes and towards her mother.

"Emily I-"

"Stop," Emily cuts her off, "I'm not ready for this conversation yet. I think it's better if we just exchange numbers and I can call you when I'm ready" she suggests.

Elizabeth nods as she pulls out her cellphone. The trade numbers and make their ways back to their respective destinations. JJ smiles at Emily as the close the last box for the cops to move to evidence.

JJ turns her head up, facing the ceiling. She slowly opens her eyes and sits up. Emily let's her. She pulls her legs off the other side of the seat and turns towards Emily. She looks around at everyone else on the team, all of which are fast asleep.

"Where are we?" JJ asks

"In the sky" Emily answers very quickly.

"I meant what are we over" JJ laughs.

"I know." Emily says as she leans her head in JJ's shoulder.

A/N Dad joke at the end is courtesy of my father because literally half of my humour comes from him