1 - Elevator Buttons

"Mommy" 

JJ wakes up and turns to see her 5 year old son standing next to her bed, she sits up as he climbs onto her bed. She pulls him on to her lap and he leans forward resting his head on JJ's chest. JJ rubs his back knowing that he has been having trouble sleeping recently, she had just barely gotten him asleep in his own bed at 10:30. She picks up her phone and looks at the time, 2:07, she places her phone back down and moves Henry so he was laying next to her, she laid back down and attempted to get some more sleep while holding her son close. 

JJ wakes to a ringing phone, she quickly picks it up not even looking at who it was because she didn't want to wake up Henry, she gets out of her bed and walked into the hallway of her apartment, "Hello" she finally says.

"Hey, sorry but we have a case" Penelope Garcia's voice rang through the phone.

"Ughh, what time is it?" She asks still half asleep.

"4 o'clock , it's in Texas, so get here as quickly as you can" 

"Yep" JJ says before hanging up, and calling Henry's nanny. JJ hated needing to call this early but it has to be done, thankfully the nanny lived in an apartment a couple of floors higher than them so it wasn't much of a trek. She quietly made her way back into her bedroom and grabs some clothes from her closet using the flashlight on her phone rather than the light of the room in hopes of not waking up Henry. She walks out to the bathroom to get dressed, brush her teeth, take a super quick shower -really only to wake her up- and put her hair up. It was Tuesday so she didn't have to worry about her go bag because she brings it in to work on Monday morning. She goes out to her kitchen to make herself some coffee, she'll definitely need it today with the limited sleep she's had, once she pours the coffee into her to-go mug she makes her way back to her room knowing that Jessie, the nanny, will be there in a couple minutes. She kissed Henry on the head and pulled the blanket up to cover his body. There was a soft knock on her door and she goes to answer it.

"Hi, so sorry to wake you up so early" JJ says, letting Jessie into the apartment. She nods her head no and told JJ she had nothing to apologize for. "He's in my room" she informs Jessie before leaving. 

JJ makes her way to the elevator when she reaches out for the button she is met with another hand.

"Sorry" JJ says.

"Sorry" Emily says.

Both woman smile before JJ reaches for the button again, and pushes it. 

"What's brought you out this early" Emily asks.

"Work, you?" JJ says just as the elevator door opened and the two of them step in.

"Same, I'm Emily, by the way" She says while sticking her hand out.

JJ shook her hand, "Jennifer, but people call me JJ. Are you new to the building, I know most of the people on this floor?"

"Yeah, my daughter and I moved in a week ago" Emily explains.

"Welcome" JJ says.

"Thanks" Emily replies, the elevator door opens and they both walk out and say goodbye, they walk to their respective cars and drive to work. Little do they know they are headed to the same place.

------

JJ rushes into the briefing room, "sorry my car wouldn't start" she says still fiddling with her coat, she looks up but only sees Tara, Reid, Garcia and Luke, "where's Rossi" she askes while picking up the case file. 

"In his office, we're leaving in 5 but he is in there with the new unit chief." Garcia answers.

The team briefed JJ while they waited, all of them made there way to the elevators so they could leave as soon as Rossi was done. Penelope began to walk to her tech cave but Rossi called out to stay.