28 - Talk

JJ wakes up in a hospital room, she looks over and sees Emily's jacket on the chair, but she's no where to be seen. She sits up and looks around the room, she's not hooked up to any machines other than one watching her heartbeat. I'll probably be going home today then, JJ thinks as she must not be hurt that badly. Most of yesterday has become a blur, but she takes that as a good thing, the only thing she can can remember fully is Emily holding her in the ratty warehouse room.

Emily walks into the room, pushing her phone back into her pocket.

"You're awake" she says, walking over to JJ's bedside, she pulls the chair over to the edge, "how are you feeling?"

JJ reached her hand out for Emily's, "you're here so I'm good" Emily smiles, "did they..?" JJ asks.

"Yeah, you're okay though. The doctor said that he was wearing.." Emily starts to explain, but JJ stops her.

"I don't want to know. As long as everything is ok" she says.

Emily nods, rubbing her thumb on the back of JJ's hand.

"Who was on the phone?" JJ asks.

"Your dad. Henry's a little freaked because he heard the word 'hospital' yesterday, when I told your dad what happened. So he's taking Henry with him around to his new house instead of camp"

JJ nods, "does Kai know?"

"She knows your here in the hospital, but not what happened" Emily explains, "oh and look what your dad sent" she pulls out her phone to show JJ the photo that Bob sent her. Henry and Kai laying in Kai's bed, both completely knocked out. Kai had her arm over Henry's little body, as they slept.

"I guess Henry crawled into Kai's bed last night" Emily said.

JJ smiles at the photo, "when can we go home?"

"Nurse said that she'll be bringing in the discharge papers in a little bit. We'll meet the team at the air strip."

---

JJ sits on the jet playing cards with Matt, Emily looks at her from the small kitchen area. She worries that JJ is putting up a front to act as if she is fine, she hasn't had any reaction to what the unsub did other than Emily's hand on her hip.

Emily pulls into the driveway, and only sees JJ's car.

"I know Kai's taking longer shifts, but I wonder where Henry and dad are" JJ says.

Emily shrugs as they make their way into the house through the garage door.

"You hungry?" Emily asks.

"Nothing Henry's snacks can't fix" JJ responds, walking to the pantry.

"Jayje?"

"Yeah"

"I'm a little worried" Emily says, sitting on the island stools.

"About what?" JJ asks.

"You"

JJ sits on the chair next to Emily, turning the chair so she is face to face with her.

"Emily, I'm ok" JJ reassures.

"You haven't said a word, and I know that it could be hard to talk about, but holding everything in is not good"

"Em, look. When my sister died, everyone, and I mean everyone, asked me how I felt about it. For 2 years, and it made those years terrible because the second I came to terms with her being gone, someone would ask me how I felt and it would bring everything back. I didn't mind talking about her but I couldn't talk about how her being gone made me feel, and my dad realized the toll it was taking on me. So he and I took a year to ourselves."

"When you rented an RV and drove around the country" Emily says, remembering the stories JJ had told her.

"Yeah, and it helped me so much. He wouldn't ask me how I felt, he let me come to him when I wanted to. And so when Will died, I asked the team to do the same. Not to repeatedly ask me how I felt, I knew I couldn't spiral like I did when I was 11, I had Henry and a job. I did go to the bureau therapist, and she helped. I promise I will talk to you, I just can't have you asking me to, I need to do it on my own time."

"Ok," Emily reaches for JJ's hand, "just please tell me if you are not ok"

"I promise" JJ whispers, leaning in closer to Emily and kissing her cheek.

"Oh and this is very much yours" Emily slide the ring off her finger, and slides it onto JJ's hand.

"When do you want to do this?" JJ asks, shaking her left hand.

Emily shrugs, "I've never actually thought of what I wanted my wedding to look like. Have you?"

"Well I lived in a farm-y place, so I had always thought about some sort of barn. But a case about 4 years ago sort of  scarred me from barns all together" JJ explains, remembering having to shoot a bunch of vicious dogs.

"Ok, what about season?"

"We could do Summer, beginning of August-ish" JJ suggests.

"I think," Emily says, grabbing JJ's hands and pulling her off the stools, slowly leading her to the couch, "August is great"

JJ sits on the couch, she watches Emily grab the tv remote and join her on the couch. She scoots all the way down, laying her head on Emily's lap. She strokes her hair and finds a show on tv to watch.

Thirty minutes pass and the episode ends, Emily lowers the tv volume and hears the steady breaths coming from JJ. She reaches over to her phone, trying her best not to move her legs. She types messages to Kai and Bob to be quiet when they come home. She grabs the blanket next to her and places it over JJ, then hops back on her phone to look for places where they could have their wedding.

A/N The wedding planning beginssss