29 - Baby

*July 27, one week 'til the wedding*

"Pleassssseee" Penelope pleads.

"No one is seeing it until the day" JJ says.

"Well, Kai's seen it" Emily adds, JJ nods.

Tara walks back over to the couches for the chilled out, unofficial bachelorette party... Even though both brides were present and it completely defeats the purpose.

"Where are you hiding the dresses, so the other doesn't peak?" Tara asks.

"Oh I'm not wearing a dress, JJ's seen the suit I am wearing" Emily said.

"Ha, your daughter breaks sooo easily" Penelope says, looking up from her phone, "she sent the picture from the fitting"

Tara leans to look at Penelope's phone that was still turned away from Emily, "it's beautiful" she says.

"I'm gonna kill her" JJ jokes.

"Now it just feels unfair, I am at the same status as a 6 year old" Emily says.

"Er.. um Henry saw it..." JJ says slowly, Emily playfully throws her hands in the air.

---

JJ and Emily quietly make their way back into the house, their stay at Tara's had gone a lot longer than they'd expected and didn't want to wake Henry or Kai.

"One week" Emily says as they get into bed. JJ smiles, watching the excitement in Emily's eyes.

"Have you talked to your mom about what I suggested?" JJ asks.

"Yeah, she said she'd do it. It will be nice." Emily replies.

---

JJ sits at her desk and stares at her computer screen, deep in thought. She looks back down at her phone and the notification that started all of this.

Period one week late

Normally these words wouldn't matter to JJ, she chalk it up to a messed up cycle, but now. She sits in thought, she hasn't had a period since it happened. Could I? She thought, no Emily said he was wearing, but it could have broken, shit.

She sees Emily walking out of her office and quickly swipes the notification off her phone, and picks up a pen acting as if she was working on a file. Emily makes a quick stop at JJ's desk, "hey, I just got a call about a on the spot meeting. That everyone else is fine giving up lunch for" Emily complains slightly.

"It's ok, my dad just texted me and asked if I could go to lunch. So I'll say yes" JJ lied. Emily agrees and walks off, JJ grabs her purse off her desk and makes her way to the elevator. She drives herself to a drug store and grabs two pregnancy tests, and a bottle of juice. She drives back to the FBI offices, drinking the juice as she drives. She pulls the tests out of the drug store bag and stuffs them in her purse, throwing the plastic bag in the trash as she walks in. She walks to the bathroom and closes the stall. This is it JJ. Why the hell did you sent Emily away.

---

"How was lunch?" Emily asks, as she and JJ arrive home to an empty house. Henry sleeping over at Bob's and Kai with Spencer.

"What?"

"With your dad.." Emily says, skeptically, "hey what's up, you've been all weird since lunch."

JJ grabs Emily's hand and pulls her to the couch. Emily sits and looks at JJ concerned.

"I didn't go to lunch with my dad" JJ says.

"What do you mean?"

"I went out, but not to see my dad."

"JJ what's going on?" Emily asks, growing more concerned.

"I.." JJ chokes out, her head is facing completely down and Emily couldn't even tell she was crying. She reaches for her hand and grips it tightly.

"JJ" she whispers, scooting closer to the blonde on the couch.

JJ tries to speak again but can't get anything out, instead she reaches for her purse that is sitting behind her. She places in-between of herself and Emily. She tries to unzip it but the tears in her eyes blur her vision, and she can't seem to find any strength in her hands. She pushes the purse in Emily direction and she gets the message to open it.

"What's in here?" Emily asks, opening the purse, JJ sticks her hand in and find the single box that she stuffed both tests into. She pulls it out, tears landing on the side of the box when she does, "Jayje?"

"Open it" JJ says quietly, almost too quiet for Emily to hear. She takes the box from JJ's hand and pulls out both of the positive tests. She realizes what this really means and can only get one thing out of her mouth. 

"JJ" Emily says, putting the tests down, she grabs JJ's hand again, and using her other hand to lift up JJ's face and wipe the tears off her cheeks, "I know you don't want me to ask you how you feel, but-"

"I'm scared, Em" JJ spits out before Emily could even finish what she was going to say. Emily moves the purse and tests behind her and sits back on the couch, pulling JJ to lean on her. She wraps her arms around JJ, as she cries, laying her head on the top of Emily's chest.

"Shh, shh. What do you want to do?" She asks quietly.

"I can't get rid of it"

"Ok, well I'm here, ok? You know that I will be hear no matter what" Emily reassures JJ.

"The father is a serial killer" JJ says slowly.

"Hey, don't do that." Emily says.

JJ sits up and looks Emily in the face, "it's true, Emily"

"Do you remember what you told me once, when I was having a really bad day with the whole Felix thing.", JJ doesn't respond, so Emily continues, "I was so upset that I let someone like Felix be the biological father of Kai, but you told me that Kai only has one parent. Me. This baby just doesn't have a dad, they're yours and yours only"

"That's not true"

"J-"

"The baby has you too"

Emily smiles, she pulls JJ back to lay on her chest.

"I love you"

A/N I didn't know exactly how to portray this type of storyline but I wanted to try to write it because (for good or bad, I guess it could depend on the person) it does happen to people irl