13 - Truth

JJ reached out placing her hand on Emily's knee, as they sat on the probably very dirty bathroom floor.

"What happened in there?" JJ asks.

"How's Kai?" Emily asks completely calm.

"She doing ok, she's having some nerdy conversation with Spencer. Do you want to talk about what caused this" JJ asks again.

"Not really, not right now." Emily admits.

"Ok, I here for if or when you do." JJ says, sliding to the other side of the larger, handicapped stall. Emily rests her head on JJ's shoulder, as she grabbed her hand.

"I lied to Felix. I do like you. Hell, I love you." Emily said quietly, clearly trying not to let her sadness change the tone of her voice.

"I love you too"

-----

Matt and Rossi walk into the round table room to only be met with Spencer and Kai. Who seemed to be having a very deep conversation before they had walked in.

"Where's Emily?" Rossi asks.

"Thought she was with you" Kai replied.

"I'm here, I'm here" she said walking into the room, followed by JJ. She walks over to Kai, pulling her into a tight hug, not wanting to let go, once she did she turned to the two men in the room, "did you?"

"Not yet, we need you to.. " Matt says, stoping short because of Kai

"Yeah, I'll be there in a minute" Emily said, she looked back to Kai, then JJ, "can you take her home"

JJ nodded, Kai agreed only because she wanted to get away from everything.

---

"How long have you and my mom been dating?" Kai asks straight up.

"What?"

"Come on, she lied to Felix about me, which means she lied to Felix about you"

"The weekend you went on the road trip with your friend" JJ admitted, knowing there was absolutely no way to hide it from Kai now.

"What were Matt and Rossi telling mom?" Kai asks.

"I don't know, she hasn't looped me in." JJ answered.

"She's going to be ok right? He won't be able to do anything."

JJ parks her car in the parking lot.

"He's cuffed to a table, and will stay there until he is escorted to jail by heavily armed personal. She is going to be fine." JJ said, hoping it would bring some sort of comfort to Kai.

--

"Why don't you stay at my place until Emily gets back" JJ says.

"Sure. I'm going to go change though. These," Kai looks down at her clothes, "probably need to be washed 70 times"

------

"Well" Emily said, wiping the year she didn't want to let go of, "that's a confession."

Matt stands next to her, Rossi walks out of the room.

"Emily, are you-" Rossi starts.

"I'll be fine, I just.. I want to get home. Can you please see him out with the SWAT." Rossi nods as Emily walks out heading to her office.

It's dark out, everyone is gone. She walks up to her office, grabbing the bag of clothes she had packed. She begins to walk out but stops, she turns and places the bag back down on the desk. She pulls out the phone from the side pocket, unlocking it and opening the texts.

Where?

The text. She deletes it, deletes the number, deletes everything she can delete. The grip on the phone become tighter and tighter. Memories flood through her mind. Meeting Felix, sneaking out, thinking he would be her best friend forever. You're and idiot, Emily, she thought. Him kissing her and deciding not to tell him she likes girls. Why'd you want to piss off mom, Emily. Stupid. Doing the deed with Felix to try to further piss off her mother. And sitting, scared out of her mind, on the bathroom counter, her hand shaking with fear. Positive. Why did you let him ruin everything. Why. Why. Why. She remembers her mother kicking her out, moving in with Bailey. And the best day of her life, Kai. Laying in her arms, naked and crying. Maybe he didn't completely ruin it. But then there was all the times he came back. He ruined it a little. He ruined me a little. He ruined her a little. He ruined her. Emily cocked her arm back and fling it forward, letting go of the phone and letting it break on the cement walls inbetween the windows of her office.

Rossi stops outside of Emily's half open door. He pushes the door open, "Emily" he says quietly. She turns. "Come on, I'll drive you home." He guides Emily out of the office and down to his car.

---

"KAI STOP. MOMMA STOP" Henry says through giggles. He's laying on the couch as JJ and Kai attack him with tickles.

There's a knock on the door and JJ gets up, leaving Henry still stuck being tickled by Kai. She opens the door to find Emily and Rossi. She invites them in but Rossi stays in the hall. Emily walks over to see the childlike play happening in the living room.

"She's not too great, just so you know. Also don't let anyone higher than Emily find out what I may or may not know about you too." Rossi says as he looks into the apartment at Kai and Henry, JJ smiles and thanks him.

She walks back over to couch, the tickles have let up and Henry was running off to play with the toys in his bedroom, pulling Kai with him.

"Hey" JJ said, sitting down on the now empty couch.

"Hey" Emily said, reaching out to grab her hand, "thank you"

"For what?"

"Today, helping me through it. And help Kai. Just everything." Emily explains.

"You don't have to thank me, Em." JJ says, scooting closer and placing her hand on the side of Emily's face.

"You're definitely right about Henry, and I think he is attempting to steal Kai." Emily laughs, forced laughter, trying her best to cheer herself up. The laugh turns to sobs.

"Em, what's going on?" JJ asks.

"How do I tell Kai. She loved her. I loved her." Emily says.

"Who?"

"Bailey... Felix killed Bailey" Emily let out before falling into JJ.

A/N First 'I love you', I wanted to make it more casual because it's not like this big thing bc we all know that they are absolutely in love with each other.