28

Graduation Day: The Long Version

Saemi's eyes remain unblinking as Haechan starts to walk towards her, the bouquet of peach roses held tightly between his two hands.

"Hi," he begins with a gulp, "Saemi."

"Hi." She replies with a small voice, her eyes still wide. "What... what are you doing here?"

Haechan can't believe he's seeing Saemi right now. He can't believe he's hearing her voice.

He missed it. He missed her. And she's just as beautiful as when she left him. Maybe even more.

"Um... I'm here because... you're here."

"But... how?"

Saemi's face finally shows a different expression other than being shocked: a frown. She stares at him from head to toe, as if she's making sure he's real.

"How did you... how did you get here?"

Haechan takes her curious tone as a good sign.

"Do you... want the short version or the long one?"

He tries to joke, although he's nervous if she'd respond to it or not. But he's stunned when he hears her soft chuckle.

Oh, how he missed that sound so much.

"The long one." Saemi says just as softly.

Haechan's lips curl into a grin when he sees a hint of a smile on her face, and he thinks he can die happily now.

"Well..."

- Seven hours ago -

- Seven hours ago -

When he wakes up, it's 7 in the morning. He's hours earlier than his usual time of awakening.

And as usual, he feels empty. It's been more than a year since the last time he'd seen Saemi in person. He thinks he can't go on anymore.

In the last seven months, he'd been on countless planes going to different countries in search of her.

He'd started at summer break last year, after that conversation with Yerim in the café. He'd been to places that he thinks Saemi could possibly be in, like America, Canada, England, France, and Italy. He'd spent half of his summer in the west, looking for her.

Then, when the fall semester started, he'd gone to places that's close to Seoul like China, Japan, and Taiwan. But he can't go any further since he has classes. The last few months of school had been really demanding and hectic.