30

How It Really Ended

If someone, let's say hypothetically, his son or his daughter, asks how his love story with Saemi started, Haechan would tell them that it started with a kiss.

Now, that may sound romantic, but it really wasn't. At least in their own experience, it just wasn't.

Because this kiss was actually forced. In fact, it even happened in the least romantic place of all: a studio for an exclusive interview.

But yes, Haechan admits that that's how it started, when Saemi had kissed him—rather reluctantly—because Star Daily's Cho Junghoon asked her to do it for the audience.

(That clip is still searchable on the internet.)

Although, if he looks back to the happenings after that kiss, there had been a lot of questionable things he'd done towards Saemi just to make her mad.

He has no excuse for that other than the fact that he can't admit to himself that he was, indeed, starting to fall for her because of that kiss.

He'd even accused her of pretending to have memory loss, being so ruthless over her accident that could've taken her life instead of her memories, and he admits he was such a stupid person back then. Like really, very stupid.

But if he looks past all those, it truly was how it started for him.

When she kissed him that day for the very first time in their lives, he was so surprised. And it wasn't because it felt different. No, it was far from that.

It was rather because it felt familiar.

When she kissed him that day, it's like he's in this cozy space he calls home, like it's the most comforting feeling he's ever felt, like it's the only thing absolute in his life.

It's like he saw his future, and that future is with her.

He couldn't stop thinking about that kiss ever since, that's why he found himself being around her often after that.

That's why he wanted to prove that he's the best groom-to-be that ever walked West Seoul University.

That's why he dyed his hair to her favorite color to compensate for her phone (or more specifically, that's why he'd planned to buy her a new one and then used her birthday as a perfect excuse to give it to her).

And that's also why he joined the theatre society as the lead actor to her lead actress.

Because that was how it started, when they had their first kiss.

But this chapter isn't about how it really started, is it?

No, not really. In fact, this is about how it really ended.

Or also known as the moment Haechan decides that the most memorable moments he's had with Saemi are his favorite ones.

He believes there should only be a few, like say, three—or six—because they're the most special moments out of the many ordinary ones.

He has his "Top 3 Most Memorable Days" with Saemi, and it goes like this:

3) That day at the amusement park on his 19th birthday. Cat plushie Ttalgi included.