20

Too Close to the Sun

Saemi doesn't register that Haechan's hands are carefully wrapped around her neck, and that his lips are feverishly attached to hers.

Not until after a minute, when her senses tell her to push him off of her.

She doesn't speak, too stunned at what just happened. Instead, she stares at him with wide eyes.

Even with the faint music coming from inside the venue, the silence between them is deafening.

"Saem-"

"Don't."

Saemi cuts him. When she backs off, Haechan is quick to walk towards her.

"Let me ex-"

"No!" She refuses to listen, shaking her head violently. "Please, just don't. Don't talk to me."

She's fast to turn around and go back inside the party hall.

"Saemi, wait!"

And before Haechan can reach her, he's lost her at the sea of people.

Saemi isn't sure how many days had passed since that Friday night.

Three days? Five days? A week?

It must be, since it's Friday again.

She's not sure what happened back then, or how it happened.

Everything had been so fast.

But she can remember it. The way she was crying because of him, because of his words. The way his hands were on her neck, and the way his lips were on hers.

She can remember it clearly, and she's confused as ever.

Why did he do that? After telling her those hurtful things, why did he kiss her? What did that mean?

She truly isn't sure.

And she's not near to having those questions answered because now, she's been ignoring him more than ever.

She doesn't wait for his car to arrive in front of her mansion anymore, she had asked Mr. Yeon to be her personal driver.

She sits as far away from him as possible at their shared class, making sure that she's surrounded by everyone else except him.

And if there's a time she's about to cross paths with him in the corridors, she turns the other way just to avoid him.

She just doesn't want to see him, to talk to him, or to be with him. Because she's confused as hell, and she doesn't know how to face him.