7

Drama and Its Theatrics

"Saemi-yah," Hana gawks at the girl in front of her as if she grew another head, "why are you using your old phone?"

"Do you want the long version or the short one?" Saemi asks back.

Hana gives her a confused look but responds anyway, "the short one."

"I dropped my phone in the pond and it's Haechan's fault."

"Oh." Hana blinks and nods, but she still feels confused. "Why didn't you just buy a new one?"

Saemi doesn't answer, too preoccupied at scribbling notes on her planner. After a few minutes, she closes the lavender notebook and sips from her lemonade on the lunch table. She looks up at Hana and utters, "yes?"

Hana just giggles towards her best friend, shaking her head. "Nothing. I'm glad you still kept the phone case I gifted you."

"Of course. It's my favorite." The latter says, and they eat their lunch.

If there's one thing people don't expect about the Kim heiress, it's the fact that she's actually not that much into gadgets.

It's surprising, considering how rich she is. She's perceived as someone who constantly changes her phone just because there's a new one in the market. But she's actually not that type of person.

In fact, she has kept her old phone in case something happens to her current one, which is what occurred some days ago, coincidentally.

Her recently demised phone was a birthday gift from the Lees' company last July, and she admits it was a bit of a waste. But she doesn't mind it, her old one works just fine anyway.

And besides, it's partially Haechan's fault that it fell into the university's pond. If she's lucky enough, his parents might just nag him into buying her a new one as compensation. But then again, she wouldn't mind if they don't.

After lunch, Saemi and Hana go to their respective classes.

Of course, it's no question that Saemi is taking the Business Management course, what with her future inheritance of the family company. It isn't her first choice, neither will it be her actual choice, because in all honesty, she wants to be in the Performing Arts.

However, her fondness for acting on stage could only be granted through a small portion of her college career: the theatre society.

Her parents don't even approve of it, saying that she won't get money out of such career. But after proving to them that she can balance both her interests and responsibilities, they let her be. As long as she promises to prioritize the company.

On the other hand, the Lee heir is in the Entrepreneurship program. His parents think it was a big step away from their actual area of expertise, which is also managing a business. But Haechan has used his 'Only Son' card to his advantage and went for a slightly different direction.

It may seem strange for a guy whose main hobby is to listen to music and dance. In fact, he may have been the only Entrepreneur student in West Seoul University to be named co-captain of the dance organization. And on top of that, he isn't even a junior student to be legally named co-captain. But he's too talented not to become one.