19

Miscommunicated

Haechan is beginning to find it difficult to forget every moment he spends with his fiancée. And that includes the fights.

It's been a week since their argument about Jaehyun, and he regrets every second of it. He hasn't even apologized to her, and he regrets that mostly.

He didn't mean to shout at her, to tell her those things. He didn't mean to make her think that she meant nothing to him, because if he's being really honest to himself, Saemi means the world to him.

She really does-has been for quite some time now.

But he couldn't tell her.

That day when they fought, he couldn't tell her what he really wanted to say because he was afraid. He was afraid of messing things up with Yerim, so he messed things up with Saemi.

And he didn't mean to do it. He swears on his life, he didn't mean to.

All he wants is to wrap her tight in his arms, tell her that he's sorry, and tell her what she truly means to him.

But he can't.

He can't do it because doing that means hurting Yerim, and he doesn't want to hurt her. She's his girlfriend, after all.

What he has with Yerim, it's not just because he's rebelling against his family, or against the arrangement. He genuinely likes her, otherwise he wouldn't have wasted his precious time being her boyfriend.

But what he has with Saemi, it's different.

It's inexplicable. It's beyond what his mind can take, because Saemi brings him to another plane. When he's with her, his heart just soars in the sky and dives deep into the sea.

He just can't explain it, because he feels extremely different when he's with her. That's why he can't let her go.

It's not just about the engagement anymore, or the fact that it's even arranged in the first place.

No, he's feeling something for Saemi.

But he just can't admit it to himself.

He can't admit, he can't hurt, and he can't let go.

Haechan sighs heavily as he fiddles with his sunglasses, waiting outside the doctor's office.

Those three things, he's adding them now to the list of things he can't do.