6

A Game For Two

It's a few days after the interview with Star Daily, and Haechan's lips curl into that familiar smirk when he sees Saemi approaching.

The latter immediately frowns at this, barely stopping herself from rolling her eyes.

They are on another dinner meeting, both their parents included. The only person not present is Saemi's older brother, Doyoung. He doesn't really have anything to do with tonight's meeting, he has no interest in company matters.

The tables in the restaurant are round, causing a slight feeling of vexation for Saemi. Once she and her parents approach the reserved table, she is forced to sit down right next to her fiancé.

To make things even more annoying, Haechan stands up from his seat and slightly bows down towards her. She offers her right hand, to which he gives the back of it a soft kiss.

"My lady," he smirks before pulling the chair for her to sit on.

Saemi tries her best to fight off the habitual eyeroll, and instead smiles so sweetly.

Haechan then sits down on his own chair, smiles, and ever so politely greets the Kims.

Ugh, he's so pretentious, Saemi thinks to herself while greetings are being exchanged between her parents and his.

The earlier actions, although not exactly rehearsed, are a thing the two are supposed to get used to now that they're officially engaged.

Of course, in public places like the high-end restaurant they're currently dining in, they have to observe such niceties to convince whoever are watching that they're the most perfect couple in existence. Especially after that clip of them "kissing" on Star Daily has made its rounds on the internet.

It's fake, but it works.

People buy it, people adore them, and people wants to be like them.

For both Haechan and Saemi, the only places where they don't have to pretend to like each other are the university and their own homes.

Needless to say, their homes are their own personal safe spaces. On the other hand, as much as West Seoul University houses the biggest names and famous celebrities, the institution still values their students' privacy, so paparazzi aren't allowed in the campus grounds.

But there are a few interviewers and photographers right outside the restaurant, waiting to scoop up the latest gossip about the Kim-Lee business ties-as well as the heir and the heiress's second public appearance as an engaged couple.

"You're ten minutes late, Saemi." Haechan quietly says towards his fiancée, cutting up a piece of steak on his plate. "Trouble finding the perfect dress? Or is it the make-up?"

Saemi smiles before eating the piece of green vegetable from her fork. "For your information, it's the hair. And I purposefully intended to be late 'cause every once in a while I'd like for you to be the one waiting."

Haechan fakes a chuckle, glancing towards Saemi.

From afar, it may seem like he and Saemi are enjoying their conversation. But up close, Haechan is shooting daggers with his eyes, and Saemi knows this very well.