3

To Unofficial Toasts & Unwanted Favors

Haechan can do many things.

He can dance, he can sing, he can cook, he can drive. He can even act, and he can be very good at it when he puts his mind into it.

He can do almost anything.

He almost pokes his tongue on his inner cheek at Saemi's audacity to provoke him with those words back at dinner.

"It's not like he can actually do something about it."

And he would've done so, because he can.

But that's the thing, Saemi has the right to be audacious because out of the many things he could do, there is one thing he couldn't: refuse the arrangement.

Haechan knows very well the power Saemi has over him. Maybe she doesn't have him wrapped around her fingers, but she definitely has him under her control.

It's not like he wants to be in this position—he really doesn't—but he has no choice.

It's not a secret that's being kept from everyone. In fact, the whole country knows.

The Lees' business hasn't been selling as well as the last ten years. There have been newer companies that arose recently, and those have been garnering a lot of attention to the public, leaving their company a bit behind the trend.

Of course, it's no doubt that they're still one of the top car companies in the country, but they aren't exactly at the very top.

The Kims, however, still have faith in them, and their partnership is still very much intact. They're hopeful that the Lees can bounce back in the market stronger and more powerful in the near future, especially since they're releasing a new collection of cars with new designs and features in the next season.

And with the announcement of Saemi and Haechan's engagement all over the news, they're really counting on it.

For the sake of their company, and their name, Haechan really can't refuse the arrangement, and he knows it very well.

Kim Saemi definitely has the upper hand.

"Tch," he stares almost disdainfully towards his fiancée, a half-empty wine glass in his hand.

Under the warm light of the chandelier in the function room, Saemi is conversing with some women a good distance from him.

She looks charismatic and elegant in her white gown, a slim glass of wine in her hand and her red lips complementing the smile she wears.

Haechan admits that Saemi is very beautiful. He knows she is. But he just doesn't like her, because he knows under all that charming smile and sophistication, she's just another rich girl, spoiled rotten to the core.

"Dark suits you." Saemi, who then stands beside him, speaks.

"Hm?" He arches his eyebrows, thinking that she's referring to his outfit.

"Your hair," she points to his head. "I like that color. You look less... dislikeable."

"It's just for today because she's here." Haechan scoffs and subtly rolls his eyes, but he fakes a smile. "You don't look bad yourself. You seem less... stuck-up."